Section Ten - The Argument

-"Can't we just talk about this?" You begged as you tried to stop him from walking to the door.

-"About what? Our discussion is over." Zak barked.

-"No it's not! You only think so because you told yourself that!" You replied as you pinned yourself between him and the door.

-"Alright. Fine. You have until Billy gets here to talk about this." Zak replied as he stepped away from the door and walked to the couch.

You took a breath of relief knowing that he was actually going to attempt to listen to what you had to say, "Why don't you want a baby?" You asked as you still stayed in front of the door.

Zak rested his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward, "I don't want to bring a baby into the kind of environment I live in." He explained.

-"But you'd bring me into that kind of environment, right?" You crossed your arms.

He sighed heavily and with anger, "A baby doesn't have a choice on which environment it wants to live in. I thought you loved me for who I am?"

-"Zak, I do! That's not what I meant!"

-"What did you mean, then?" Zak yelled.

-"I don't know," You whispered under your breath as the tears began to well in your eyes due to him yelling at you, "I just want to start a life with you." You cried.

-"Maybe it's just not the right time," Zak said, "I'm not ready to raise a child yet."

-"But I'm ready to have one!" You argued, "If you don't want a baby to be in this type of environment, then how do you think it'll be in the future? Have you ever thought about that? You'll be over forty by then, and I don't want to wait that long!" You explained. You could tell by his expression that he understood, but he decided to be stubborn, like he always was.

-"Maybe you should just have a baby with someone else then! Because I don't want a screaming kid running around!" Zak replied.

-"Are you saying you want to leave me?" You cried.

-"If you want a baby that bad!" He said before standing to his feet and checking his vibrating phone, "Billy's here. I gotta go."

-"I'm not stopping you." You cried as you stepped away from the door.

-"And I'm not stopping you from leaving me," Zak said as he attempted to give you at least a good-bye kiss, but you refused and darted up the stairs, "I love you too!" He scoffed.

oOo

-"Geez, bro, you look tore up." Billy complimented as Zak got into the passenger seat.

-"Me and Y/N are arguing." Zak sighed as he put his sunglasses over his eyes.

-"About what?" Billy asked as he reversed out of the driveway.

-"She wants a baby."

-"Woah, bro! I couldn't imagine you being a father!" He teased.

-"And I said the same about you when I found out you were a father. She's really torn up about it."

-"What did you say to her?"

Zak sighed deeply, "I told her I wasn't ready for a kid and that if she kept begging me, she should just have a kid with another man."

-"You didn't! That's the biggest mistake you've made in a long time! For as long as I've known her, she's always talked about having kids. You just ruined her." Billy warned.

-"I know, I say stupid shit when I'm mad. That's my problem. I wouldn't care having a kid now, just I'm too scared to bring a kid into the environment me and her live in. You can even ask her how long it took me to talk her into moving in with me." Zak explained.