Chapter 81: A Party

(One week later)

Y/N's P.O.V

So, tomorrow Kate and I are getting married.

I'm excited, but really nervous about it all.

Right now I'm with Clint and we're getting our suits for the wedding.

I'm asking him for advice.

Y/N: I don't know what to do, Clint. I love Kate more than I ever thought possible. How do I fit all that love into one vow?

Clint: You could just wing it.

Y/N: Nah, that won't end well for me. Come on, man. I need your help here.

I turn and see him come out in his suit.

Clint: Alright, kid. Listen...

Y/N: Damn.

He comes over to me.

Clint: When you're up there and you're looking into her eyes, the words will come. And if they don't, then the look on your face will tell her everything she needs to know.

Y/N: Okay, thank you.

Clint: You clean up nice, kid.

I smile.

Y/N: Thanks, you too.

We stand together.

Clint: So, you're really going through with this, huh?

Y/N: Oh, yeah. I mean I got the girl, right?

Clint: You did.

Y/N: I know that some people will think we're too young to get married, and maybe we are. But Kate's the one and I want to marry her.

He smiles.

Clint: That's great, kid. I'm really happy for you.

Y/N: Thank you. Is it okay to say I'm nervous though?

Clint: Yeah, of course. It's natural to be nervous. The day before I married Laura I was the most nervous I had ever been.

Y/N: But how do you know if you're gonna be a good husband?

Clint: You don't. Look, being a "good" husband is all caring enough to try in any given situation. You may get it right, you may not. It's all about trying. As long as you do that, you'll be just fine.

I nod.

Y/N: Thank you, Clint.

Clint: Anytime, son.

I sigh.

Y/N: Okay, come on. We've gotta meet the other boys at the bar for a drink.

Clint: Alright, let's go.

He and I go to change back into our clothes.

(Three hours later)

I'm now at home and getting ready for a small party we're having before the wedding.

After changing into my suit, I go to mine and Kate's room to get her.