Chapter 63: Life Goes On

Y/N's P.O.V

So, I'm now back at the Spider Cave with Stiles.

He's in the med bay and I'm just giving him some time to readjust after everything.

Kate and the other's are on their way back now.

I stand up and go to the med bay. I then see Stiles sitting on the bed.

Y/N: Hey, man.

Stiles: Hi.

Y/N: I wanna ask you something. What were my parents names?

He smiles.

Stiles: Your mother's name was Caitlin and your father's name was Barry. They died.

Y/N: How'd they die?

Stiles: Your mum died during the Battle of New York in 2012 and your father died because of the Green Goblin of another Earth after tried to help him.

Y/N: That's right.

Stiles: Why'd you ask, anyway?

Y/N: When you said you remembered everything, I wanted to know what "everything" meant.

He nods.

Stiles: Fair enough. Why didn't you come back and make us remember like you said you would?

I sigh.

Y/N: I'm so sorry I didn't, Stiles. It's... it's just after what happened I thought you and Maya would be better off if I weren't in your lives anymore. Clearly I was wrong, at least as far as your concerned.

Stiles: Y/N, what happened to me wasn't your fault. This could've ended up happening to me either way.

Y/N: Maybe, but I'm still sorry for all of it. For not coming back.

He stands up.

Stiles: Well, I did try to kill you a couple of times... so, I think I can let it slide.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Thanks, man. Though I do think that's fair considering you once promised that you wouldn't become a supervillain and try to kill me.

He sighs.

Stiles: Yeah, I did.

He comes over and we hug.

Y/N: I missed you so much.

Stiles: Same here, man.

We pull away.

I then hear Kate's voice.

Kate: Y/N! We're back!

Y/N: Come on. Come meet the team.

We go outside to see Kate, Harry, Ellie, Natasha and Joe are here.

Stiles: Wow. This is alot bigger than it used to be.

Y/N: Yeah, but you and I are still the original Spider-Man Team memebers.

Harry: So, you were a duo?

He and I look at each other.

Y/N & Stiles: Yeah.

We go over to them.

Y/N: Stiles, this is Kate Bishop, Harry Osborn, Ellie Williams and Captain Joe West. And you obviously remember Natasha. Guys, this is Stiles Anderson.

Natasha: Good to see you again, Stiles.

Stiles: You too, Natasha.

The other's greet Stiles.

He looks to Harry.

Stiles: So, you're the new best friend?

Harry: Yep, and you're the old one.

(A/N: Now, the Y/N, Stiles and Harry dynamic may remember of another trio in the MCU. Take a guess if you know who I'm talking about.)

Stiles: That's right.

He looks to Kate.

Stiles: And you're Y/N's girlfriend, right?

Kate: I am. He's told me alot about you, so it's nice to finally meet you in person.

Stiles: You too.

Y/N: Look, its been a long night, guys. Let's go home and get some rest.

Natasha: He's right. We should go home for the night.

Joe and Natasha leave the Spider Cave.

I look at Ellie.

Y/N: You did good, kid. Well done, Spider-Woman.

She smiles.

Ellie: Thanks.

After that Ellie leaves too.

Y/N: Stiles, you can stay with us. You shouldn't be alone after all this.

Stiles: Well, if that's okay?

Harry: Yeah, it's fine.

Stiles: Thank you. I wanna get out of this suit.

Y/N: There's spare clothes in the living quarters. They should fit.

Stiles: Thanks.

We all go to change out of our suits and leave the Spider Cave.

(Three days later)

Right now, Stiles and I are at mine and Harry's place.

Kate and Harry are both at work right now.

I've been talking with Stiles and he wants to leave New York.

Y/N: Are you sure this is what you want?

Stiles: I've thought about it alot the past few days. This is something I need to do. I need to figure who I am now.

Y/N: I get that, but you don't need to leave to do that. You can stay here rejoin the team become a hero.

Stiles: I don't know if I can. I've killed people, Y/N.

Y/N: You're not the only hero to have had blood on their hands. Oliver had blood on his hands too, but he was a hero. He gave his life to bring back half of the universe. He chose to make amends for the things he did as the Green Arrow, you can do that too.

Stiles: Maybe, but I think I need to do this before I can think about being a hero or anything. I need to find out who this new me is.

I nod.

Y/N: Okay, fair enough.

Stiles: Hey, I'm not gonna be gone forever. I will come back, I promise.

Y/N: Alright, man.

He and I clapse hands.

Y/N: Just remember, you'll have a home waiting here for you when you come back.

He smiles.

Stiles: Thank you.

(The next day)

So, Stiles left New York earlier today, he's gonna explore a bit and rediscover himself.

Right now Ellie and I are sat on a rooftop in our suits.

Ellie: So, are you okay?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm fine. I just he'll be okay.

Ellie: He will.

Just then we hear police sirens and cop cars drive past.

I look at her.

Y/N: You ready?

Ellie: Yeah, let's do it.

She and I put on our masks. We then web swing and follow the cop cars.

My best friend may not be here, but he'll come back.

And this city still has Spider-Man along with some new heroes to protect it.

(A/N: That's it for the Spider-Man: Winter Spider Rises arc. Next up is, Spider-Man: Tombstone, The Bigman Of Crime. I hope you'll enjoy it.)