Chapter 69: Black Cat Returns

(Two days later)

Y/N's P.O.V

So, it's been two days since Snart was put back in prison. Hopefully he'll stay put this time.

Anyway, it's been a pretty quiet day of somewhat fighting crime. Right now I'm sat on a rooftop.

Just then Kate comes over the comms.

Kate: Hey, babe. Nat contacted me and I've got something you might want to know about.

Y/N: Okay, what is it?

Kate: It's about someone named the Bigman It's a name that's been popping up on the streets.

Y/N: Yeah, I've heard that too. Who is this guy, anyway?

Kate: According to Nat, he's someone trying to fill the vacuum left by Wilson Fisk and his Tracksuit Mafia.

Y/N: Ah, just want the city needs. Fantastic.

She giggles.

Kate: So, you know the feds raided that old Maggia HQ a couple of weeks ago?

Y/N: Yeah. Nat told me about that.

Kate: Well, one of the dons had a masterpiece painting called "The Maria." And now it's being displayed over at Manhattan MOCA.

Y/N: Annnnd?

Kate: Natasha said one of the Bigman's crew will try to steal it. Tonight.

Y/N: Sounds like there's more to it than art appreciation. I'll swing by the museum and take a look.

I hang up and head to the museum.

Once I get there I see a group of thugs trying to break into the museum.

I call Katie back.

Y/N: Hey, Kate. I'm at the museum, and it looks like Natasha was right. There's a small army of goons trying to break in. Stay on the line while I take a closer look.

Kate: Okay, just be careful, baby. From what I hear the Bigman and his crew play for keeps.

Y/N: Don't worry, babe. I got this.

I see two of the guys arguing.

Y/N: Damn. Some people will do anything to avoid paying full price.

I web zip closer and decide to take 'em out quietly.

(Fifteen minutes later)

After dealing with the guys outside, I find out that someone got inside from the roof.

I'm now inside and I make my way to the security room to see if I can find out who broke in through the roof.

I find the guards knocked out.

The security camera has been switched off and it was one that was pointing at The Maria.

I go over to it and see that no one has stolen it.

I knock on the glass infront of the painting.

Y/N: Well no one is getting to The Maria anytime soon.

Kate: So, mission accomplished then?

Y/N: I hope so.

I then hear a noise and turn around to see Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat breaking in.

Y/N: Uh, babe. I'm gonna have to call you back.

Kate: Why? What's going...

I hang up.

Cat comes closers.

Felicia: You look good.

She then jumps down and land infront of me.

Felicia: You been working out?

Y/N: Uh... well, yeah a little.

Felicia: So, you now swinging solo, or you seein' someone new?

Y/N: Uh... that's alot of questions.

Felicia: Just curious.

Y/N: Yeah, I hear that's bad for cats. So, why don't you tell me why you're really here?

Felicia: Just waiting for the right moment.

She then goes over to the painting and smashes it in half and then takes a data drive out of it.

Felicia: Sorry, handsome, gotta go. See ya around.

She winks at me and leaves the building.

I call Katie back.

Kate: Y/N. Oh my god. What the hell is going on?

Y/N: Nothing, Katie, I just ran into an old friend.

Kate: Who?

I look at a message cat left me.

Y/N: Trouble.

After that I leave the museum and contact Kate.

Kate: So, Black Cat was the one who went in through the roof. She was working with this Bigman?

Y/N: Yep. Knowing her she was probably watching me the whole time I was in there.

Kate: Just tell me she didn't get the painting.

Y/N: She didn't get the painting.

Kate: Oh good.

Y/N: She smashed it and took a data drive from it.

Kate: What!? Damn it!

Y/N: Sorry, babe. So, what do you think was on that drive?

Kate: Don't know. Good question though. I'll talk to Natasha and we'll ask around.

Y/N: Okay, while you're doing that, I'll start following cat prints.

I hang up and web swing away.

After that I head off to go and find Black Cat before she robs anyone else.

I just hope that Kate and Natasha can find out what's on the drive that Cat stole.

(One hour later)

After an hour of searching, I haven't found anything.

I swing around and see a small set-up on a rooftop.

Y/N: What's that?

I drop down onto the rooftop.

It's a camera pointing at a building across the street.

Y/N: This is weird.

I then spot a small tape recorder attached to the camera. It has a sticker saying "play me."

I press the play button and hear Felicia's voice.

Felicia: Hey, Spider. I knew you'd find this set-up eventually. And I knew you missed me. Take a look through the camera.

I look through the camera and see the rooftop across the street.

Y/N: And what exactly am I lookin' for, Felicia?

Just then I see something.

Y/N: What's that?

I web zip down to the rooftop and find a small black cat doll.

Y/N: What the hell is this?

I sigh.

Y/N: It can't be anything important. I don't have time for this. Right now I should be planning my wedding, but no. I'm out here looking for my Cat Burglar ex-girlfriend. This is my life now.

After that I web zip away.

I need to find Felicia.