TICKET OF LOVE

Alarm blaring throughout the apartment for the fifth time when the owner finally woke up to his senses. Reaching for the phone from the bedside table, Yin struggled to open his eyes.

'Shit! I'm late!' Yin jumped out of his bed and went straight to the bathroom. He mentally cursed himself for being drunk the night before, resulting him passing out and getting up late for work.

Finding whatever piece of clothing he could find in a hurry, Yin got dressed and one final look on the mirror, he was out of the door.

Thankfully the traffic was not congested since it past the peak hour of morning rush...Yin was somehow relieved...the idea being stuck in traffic jam while being late is something no one want to experience.

A call came to his phone.

'What?!' Yin said...it was his colleague from work Net.

*Where are you dude? The meeting is in half an hour!*

'I'm on my way...it's your fault getting me drunk last night!'

*Don't blame it on me dickhead! It was your own doing! Get your ass here now or we'll be toast!*

'Give me 15 minutes! Later!' Yin hung up the call.

Pressing hard the accelerator, Yin prayed nothing goes wrong today.

It's another day of duty for a policeman named War. He love his job and he was really good at it. Traffic duty was his least favorite but he gotta do it whether he like it or not.

'Looks like we're partners for the next two weeks phi...' Neo, a rookie who just joined the force right after graduating the academy.

'Fine by me...but make sure to keep up...' War winked.

'Yes sir!'

A car zoomed in front of them and War knew it was way beyond the maximum speed limit.

'And look like we got our first catch of the day...' War said, getting the gear in motion. 'Ring the siren...'

'On it!'

After chasing down the car for a few minutes, War managed to slow it down and stopped by the roadside. He got out and went towards it.

'Yes officer?' It was a man behind the wheel.

War bend down and kinda mesmerized by the man's handsome features.

'Um...license and registration please...' War tried to remain professional despite his heart beating a little faster than he wanted.

The man complied and gave War the documents he asked.

'Do you know how fast you're going Mr. Wong?' War looked at the license card. *Anan Wong...even his name is handsome...*

'Unm...85?'

'110 at 90 km/h area...'

*Shit!* Yin mentally cursed.

'I have to give you a ticket for speeding...please obey the rules if you don't want to be fined again...'

'Yes sir...'

War watched as the car sped away before going back to his patrol car.

'Warning or ticket?' Neo asked.

'Ticket...would've given him a warning but since he's way over the limit, I have to issue a fine...'

****************

'You're lucky our client was late otherwise we lose that precious job!' Net nudged Yin's shoulder.

The big meeting just ended and Yin can breathe in relief.

'I lost 4000 baht because of you, jackass!'

'It your own fault for speeding...but done worry, the bonus from this job should cover that...' Net laughed.

'Better be...'

Yin was reviewing a contract when someone walked into his office.

'P' Yin...' A petite young woman named Love greeted him.

'Hey nong Love...what's up?'

'Nothing much, just want to remind you the blind date for tonight.' She said, sitting at the edge of his desk.

'Blind date?' Yin frowned staring at Love. 'What blind date?'

'Phi! Didn't you agree to go to that blind date P'Milk and I arranged last week?' She pouted.

'Ohh...' Yin acted as if he remember it but he don't have any memories of it. 'Was it today?'

'Yes! 8pm at P'Man's restaurant...and don't be late...'

'Yes mam...'

Later that night...

Yin glanced at his watch...it's almost 10 minutes after 8 and his blind date was nowhere to be found.

*If he's not here next 10 minutes, I'm outta here...* Yin said silently.

Then...

'Yin?'

A voice startled Yin from his thought. He look and saw a familiar face.

'You?/You?' They said in unison.

Yin remembered the police officer that gave him the speeding ticket that morning. The man was beautiful to him and Yin tried to flirt but decided to abort the idea, not wanting to add another fine for indicent behavour in public.

'Okay...this is awkward...' War didn't expect that his blind date would be that handsome BMW guy he fined earlier.

'Yea...so, you're a police officer huh?' Yin said. His eyes went towards War and noticed the dimples.

*How cute...*

'Yeah...'

********************

5 months later...

*Not again!* Yin silently cursed when he saw the red and blue light siren following him from behind. He's late again today and unlucky enough to be stopped by a traffic police officer.

He stopped his car by the roadside and watch as an officer got out of the patrol car and walked towards his vehicle.

'License and registration please...' The officer said.

Yin quickly took out the documents and hand it over.

'Do you know how fast you're going?'

'Um...80 maybe?'

'115 at 100km/h area...Mr. Wong didn't I remind you not to be late this morning?' War stared at him.

'Yeah...but I have a perfect reason...' Yin smiled.

'I gotta issue you a ticket...'

'Aww...can't you just let me go with a warning? Please...' Yin pleaded with puppy eyes.

'That puppy eyes won't work on me while I'm on duty Mr. Wong...fine is still a fine.'

'No negotiation?'

'Tell you what...I'll give you a ticket and then a kiss to make up for it...'

'Sounds good to me...'

War wrote down the ticket and after handing it to Yin, he leaned over and kiss the latter's lips.

'Keep it under the limit ok Mr. Wong?'

'Yes baby...err...I mean officer...'

'I'll see you tonight at home ok?' War said winking at Yin. 'Love you...'

'Love you too...'

***************

A/n : had this written after seeing a twit and somehow I had YinWar in my mind😆😆😆