KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR

War began to regret coming to his high school reunion dinner. Everyone around him seems to be acquainted with each other except for him. War was the awkward one among his peers and usually the butt of the joke. His dream of catching up with his friends went down the drain when they suddenly can't make it to event due to other commitment.

'So War, what do you do now for a living? I hope you've grown out of your nerd shell.' Jem sneered at him. He was the school former jock and War's no 1 tormentor.

'Well...I'm a senior designer at AW Inc.' War replied, sipping his mocktail. 'Still pretty much a nerd if you ask me.' War smiled. He had no intention of being the laughing stock to a childish man. 'That pays a lot, so I'm not complaining.'

'AW Inc.? Isn't that the second largest designer firm in the city?' Mek said with eyes wide open.

'Yeah...they just got the rights to design the gallery for the Suppasit family...' Candy added. 'I can't believe you actually work there...'

'Believe me...' War grinned. He could see Jem's expression changed.

*Not today bitch! The old War is gone!* War were dancing in his head.

Jem had been messing with his school life as long as he could remember. He mocked him, pull pranks on him and he was the reason War was reluctant to attend the reunion at the first place.

The were chatting, having a good conversation when the significant other topic came up.

'You're dating anyone War?' Mint asked. All eyes were on him. War could see Jem's smirking at the end of the table.

'Well...'

Before War could answer, Mint grabbed his wrist.

'Oh my god! Are you married?' She squealed.

'Hold up! You actually un gay yourself  Wanarat?' Jem scoffed. 'I'm surprised that a woman willing to be with you.' He laughed.

'It's nearing 2023 and you're still homophobic...talk about growing up.' War said, sipping his drink.

The table went quiet.

'Anyway, I'm actually engaged to a man...I'll hand out the invitation when the time come...' War added, sending glares at Jem.

Meanwhile...a few blocks away from the restaurant...

Yin was having a drink at his friend's pub when a text came to his phone.

'Is that War?' Ohm, the pub owner and bartender asked.

'Yeah...'

From : My Love 💕
Can you come and be my knight? I need to get away from a villain.

Yin smiled. War must've hated being at the reunion for him to text Yin to get him.

'I gotta go...have to be the knight in shining armor for my distress prince...' War giggled.

'Dude! You got even cheesier after getting engaged!' Ohm shook his head.

'Here...' Yin slide a few 100 baht notes on the counter. 'Thanks for the drink...say hi to Nanon for me...'

Back to the restaurant...

War got back to table after excusing himself to the bathroom.

'War, you said you worked at AW Inc. right?' Bever asked.

'Yeah, why?'

'Is that true they said the CEO is around our age?'

'He's actually 2 years younger than us...' War answered.

'See? I told you...I've met the CEO once in a conference and he's a charmer...very charasmatic and good looking.'

War can't help but to smile hearing the compliments.

'He is...' War nodded.

'That guy probably just a priviledged trust fund baby that rely on his family money...' Jem sneered, rolling his eyes.

'At least he was successful...unlike someone...' War sniped.

'What do you mean by that?' Jem stared at War.

'You tell me...' War glared back.

'You two...please...' Tu trying to ease the tension that gradually building between the two. 'Can we act like a respectful adult here?'

Then...

'Hey, isn't that Anan Wong? CEO of AW Inc.? What is he doing here?'

'He's coming to us...'

Every eyes at the table went towards a figure walking towards them.

'Looks like I have to go...' War got up from his seat. 'It's nice meeting all of you...'

'Sawadee krub...' Yin greeted with a smile. 'Am I too early babe?' He looked at War, his right arm went straight to War's waist.

'No, you're right on time...'

Audible gasps were heard as Yin kissed War's cheek.

'Everybody, this is Yin...the one who put this here...' War said showing off the silver band on his ring finger. He could see the unsatisfied expression on Jem's face.

'I'm sorry to interrupt but I have to steal my fiance right now...please enjoy the rest of the night...I've got everything covered.'

The two walked out from the restaurant.

'Remind me not to go to reunion dinner ever again...' War said as he sat down in Yin's car.

'That bad huh?' Yin looked at him.

'That jackass Jem is getting on my last nerve...some people don't change, they became worst with age.'

'It's a good thing I was nearby...'

'Yeah...did you really paid the bill?'

'Uh huh...' Yin nodded. 'It's not that much anyway...'

'Thanks babe...' War leaned over and kissed Yin's lips.

'No problem...so, where's next? It's still early...'

'Can we go for ice cream? I didn't have desserts back there...'

'Sure...let's go...'

A/n : sorry for not updating for so long...life have been busy and I'm kinda stuck with writing block. Enjoy the short chapter and I'll try to update more.😁😁😁