In The Club

Loud music greeted War’s ears as he walked into the club, making him cringe a little. Bumping on a few club goers he staggered a little…thank god for the wall, otherwise he would kiss the floor in no time.

He passed through heaps of men and women and made his way to the bar. A few people was there sitting, nursing their drinks. His eyes wondered around and caught a glimpse of a man on the DJ booth on the stage.

War smiled. The guy was dressed in a simple white t-shirt that was soaked with sweat and a pair of tight fitting jeans. The way the wet shirt clings to his body accentuated the contour of his slender body and his abs were visible to the eyes.

             “Hey Prem…” War said as he sat at the corner. The bartender quickly went to his side.

             “P…you’re here…” he glanced at the watch on his wrist. “You’re early…”

             “The work ended early today…”

             “So, what I can get you?”

            “Just give me a beer…and put it on my tab…” War said as he looked at DJ booth again.

            “Coming right up…”

War swivelled his stool facing the dance floor. He slowly bobbed his head along to the music.

As he was sipping his beer, two girls came to the bar.

            “Two martinis please…” one of them ordered.

            “Hey…did you see that hot DJ? His body…ohhhh….” She fanned herself. “I could do my laundry on his abs…”

            “I see a girl came up on the booth and kissed him on the cheek just now…” her friend replied.

            “That is some lucky bitch I tell you…”

            “Ladies, your drinks…” the other bartender handed over their drinks.

            “Thank you cutie…”

War smiled. A guy came and sat on an empty stool next to him.

            “Hey…”

            “Hey…” War answered politely, taking a swig of his beer.

            “I’m Bonz…” the guy extended his hands for a shake.

            “War…” he said shaking the guy’s hand.

            “Are you alone?”

            “Could be…”

            “You wanna dance?” Bonz said standing in front of War.

            “Not now…” he declined. War turned around and ordered another beer.

His eyes went to the DJ booth again and saw a girl grinding ever so closely to the guy while wrapping her arms around his waist. War took a deep breath and put down his beer.

            “I change my mind…let’s go dance…” War pulled Bonz’s hands and went to the centre of the dance floor.

Yin put on the headphone as his fingers moving fast over the various buttons on the turntable. The crowd in the club tonight was responsive and that made his work a little more fun. A few eye contact with the female patrons and winks…it’s part of his job.