Until We Meet Again

Yin walked into the room and saw War still sleeping soundly. The beeping sound echoed sending a slight relieve to Yin’s heart. He quietly put the stuff he was carrying on the bedside table and decided to change the water in the humidifier. When he came back, War was still asleep. He went to his side and stared the angelic face. It’s been 4 years but Yin still have butterflies in his stomach wherever he saw War…seems like it was yesterday that they started going out…

********************

16 January 2017

            “Yin…” War said when he and Yin were walking at a small park near his apartment.

            “Hmm…” the latter replied shortly.

            “Shall we date?”

Yin froze. He turned around and stared at War.

            “What? Did I have something on my face?” War touched his cheeks, forehead and chin.

            “P, you know that is not something that you can joke about…” Yin said with serious expression on his face. He had feelings for War but he didn’t pursue it for the sake of their friendship.

            “I’m not joking Yin…I’m dead serious…” War walked up towards Yin and held his hands. “I’ve been thinking about it and I came to realise that I don’t want you as my friend anymore…I want you as my other half…”

Yin blushed at War’s words. It’s the words that he longed to hear.

            “Are you sure about this?” Yin asked.

            “Never been so sure in my life…so, what do you say? Shall we date?” War closed the distance between them. Their fingers intertwined.

            “Well…let me think about it…”

War tip toed as he kissed Yin’s lips.

            “Done thinking?” he smiled.

            “You just made the decision time faster…”

            “Good…”

Another kiss.

***********************

Yin just finished reading his books when he heard War stirred. He looked up and met with War’s droopy eyes.

            “Good to see you babe…” Yin said. He put his book aside, got up and planted a soft kiss on War’s lips.

            “What…what time is it now?” War asked in raspy voice. His throat felt dry like a sand paper.

            “Almost 8…”

Yin helped War to sat up straight with his back leaned against the headrest. He gave him a glass of water and War happily gulped it down.

            “You’re early…” he said wiping his mouth.

            “I had nothing to do at the office so I came here instead…I brought some abalone porridge for dinner.”

War cringed at the word porridge. He was sick having to eat it most of the days. Yin noticed the changed on War’s face.

            “Why? You don’t want it?” Yin asked.

            “I think I’m gonna puke if I hear another porridge…babe, can I just eat something else? The food here is yucky and I’m not in the mood for watery rice…” War said with pleading eyes.