GIMME YOUR LOVE

War walked down the stairs and into a dimly lit bar. He looked around and saw a familiar figure at the bar. He sighed.

*Oh Yin…* he sighed.

The bartender waved at him.

            “P'War…”  said with a smile.

            “Hey Billkin…” he sat on a stool next to Yin. The guy had fallen asleep with a shot glass tightly in his hand. “How long has he been here?”

            “Almost 2 hours…”

            “How much did he have?”

            “One bottle of whiskey and almost half dozen shots of tequila. I tried to stop him but he just won’t listen…”

War shook his head. Yin has never been much of a drinker but lately he was here at the bar more than he ever been to work.

            “Yin…” War rubbed Yin’s back trying to wake him up. "Anan Wong…”

Yin slowly open his eyes. He heard someone calling his name and when he turned his head to the side, he smiled.

            “Phi…” he muttered. “Hey Billkin…another tequila shot…” he wiggled his empty glass.

            “I think you had enough for the night Yin…” War tried to take the shot glass away but the latter pushed his hand.

            “No! I only had this much…” Yin made a sign with his fore finger and thumb.

            “You’re drunk…let’s get you home…” War stood up and tried to haul Yin's slightly larger frame from his seat. But the younger guy refused to leave.

            “No! Phi…let me drink…just for tonight… Billkin! Tequila!” he yelled.

            “Yin Anan Wong, listen to me!”

War’s stern voice startled Yin a little. Even in his drunken state he knew War was serious as hell.

            “You had enough drink! I’m gonna get you home whether you like it or not! It’s either you cooperate with me or I swear to God I would knock you out and carry you on a goddamned wheelchair if I have to…” he stared at Yin.

            “Fine, fine…geez…you’re such a party pooper!” Yin blabbered as he got up from the stool. He swayed and almost fell but War’s quick hands saved him before his face could kiss the floor.

            “Nice save phi…thanks…” Yin grinned.

            “How much the tab Kin?” War reached for his wallet.

            “Yin already paid when he got here…”

War looked at the man sitting next to him as he drive.

*Why are you doing this yourself Yin?*

Three months ago, Yin was a happy man but when Boom, Yin’s boyfriend back then decided to break off their relationship and got married to another girl, Yin was devastated.  Boom has been a closeted guy and no one but those who are close to them knew about their relationship. War believed that one day Boom will come out and Yin could have the relationship he was hoping for.

He almost tore Boom in half when he found out about the wedding. He watched as Yin slowly sunken away from life and fell into state of depression. The usual glow of happiness vanished from Yin’s handsome face; his dark circles almost reaching to his chin. He surrounded himself with alcohol to numb the pain he was in. He worked like a dog during the day and gets super wasted at night. War was terrified that one day he will get the call saying that Yin is deeply hurt from alcohol related accidents.