That day

It all happened so quickly. He is dead. Eden, he's fucking dead.
And why is nothing working in this fucking place !

- Mom, there's not electricity ! Mom !

I go up the stairs and find only a puddle of blood in front of her door. I have nausea. I go downstairs and run outside. Too bad if I'm in my pajamas.
But what the hell is going on ?

I ran into the street and discovered the horror.

The buildings... All destroyed.

- Oh fuck. Hurry to Eden !

I arrived and knocked but no one answered me.

- No no no no no !

I heard a noise behind me. Sara stood in front of me. With a gun.

- I never fooled you except when I fell in love with your face. Poor bastard. You deserved a more incredible ending, right ? Okay, enough talking, get out.
- Eh ?
- I'm too lazy to kill you. So get out of there ! Go, I know where but go !

I sprinted back to my house. I locked myself in my room and took two large bags. I fill them with stuff. Stella watched me do it. I took a smaller one where I put the bare necessities. I went down to the kitchen and grabbed everything that could be eaten. Why did I know what to do and take ? I didn't know much. I took the seeds from my mother's garden and put them in the bare necessities bag. I took the car keys from the key ring. I took the four bags and Stella. I put them in the car and prepared myself psychologically.

- I have to go to the grandparents' house.

I drove to my grandparents' house but all I found was a house on fire. I fell to my knees. Stella joined me and leaned against me. It bawled. I took it in my arms.

- We're going home.

I walked to the lake house. It was still this old country house. I dropped Stella off on the porch and ran to the car. Night had fallen. I started and drove. I parked it in the driveway. I entered the house with Stella. It was my new home.

- I must survive.

🄽🄴🅇🅃 🄳🄰🅈

I returned to town and looked for anything that could help me. I came across a pole where a poster with the phrase Take at leave one was placed and we had to snatch a lucky ticket. I smiled and took one. I kissed him and left. With just my little bag, I went to the desert stores. I bought some kibble from a pet store. I waved to the surveillance camera. Then I said I love you in sign language. I came out with two huge bags of food for Stella. I took a cart and put them in it. I walked through the mall playing with the cart. I rolled it while sitting on it. Everything was upside down. I took vinyls, CDs, food and seeds.

I returned to my new house. Stella asleep on the sofa. I sat next to her.

- It's not so bad here.

-------- ☀︎ --------

Who saw it coming ?

Has everyone seen it ?

Bye !