Birds Of A Feather (Part 2)

(Timeskip 5 Days)

(Jenny's POV)

I  was trying everything I could do to make all of this easier on him. I let him keep his own cage, the 'humans' were forced to make metal ones, so he got a new one that I filled with soft blankets and pillows to cover the bottom that the human females are forced to clean daily, and I always go in to take care of him myself. It's hard too because most of the children are like this too. The adults and some of the children are really loud and actively resist our new rule over them when we put them to work and then there's the rest of the children. Since the first day, I only got a name after trying for hours, but now he won't talk at all, I can't feed him too much, or else he'll just get sick, the same goes for water, he's losing too much weight for his size, and his body won't stop shaking which makes him tired and sleep for short times... He's a mess. Right now, I was stroking his head to try and soothe him, even a little.

Jenny-Poor sweet thing... Can we try to eat again?

I got no response, but today is the last straw for that. If he doesn't show progress in eating, I'm going to have to resort to something drastic for him since he doesn't know an adult well enough to get him to eat... Well, that one female wearing the black dress and calling us, 'Devil Spawns' knows him, but I am not having her near him to poison his mind about me. She's only good for cleaning and calming down the other shaken children while being kept under close watch. I managed to get him out of his stronger and comfier cage to do a routine that he knows, but he always looked more scared when I took his new collar and leash that those dogs had that we keep locked up.

(Y/N)-*Whines* *whimper* *hic* *hic*.

Jenny-No, no, no. It's ok. We are going on a little walk to the springs and we're going to give you a nice bath again. ~

This reminds me of the first time I let him out to walk around and take care of his needs. He tried to run and I had everything under control, but others pointed spears at him. That day was a complete mess for him, and... I let the untamed dogs out on 'accident' and we sadly lost a few of our kind before locking up and punishing the dogs. When we got to the hot springs, I took off his clothes he uses for warmth, and as unhelpful as it sounds, I wish he would react another way besides staying still and shaking from fear. Even if it is resisting me a little. Anything to show that he's still fully alive and not some puppet. I got him in the water and started to scrub him with some soap we get from a leaf from the trees and bushes.

Jenny-(Y/N), can we try to talk today? Even a little? ~

He still seemed skittish and didn't talk, so I pulled his head to my lap when I was done and we soaked in the water. We left when other turkeys were coming with their slaves and pets. When we got back to his cage, I dried him off and helped dress him in fresh clothes before I put his collar back on and gave him more kisses and snuggles. I left him alone in his cage for now while I took care of my own business and observed how some children were being treated roughly, so were being treated like how I treat (Y/N), but the adults are hard at work for us. I walked up to Ranger and he just knocked down a human male.

 I walked up to Ranger and he just knocked down a human male