Chapter 193: Parting

"Here to marry you. Shen Jiao Jiao."

His tone of voice was careless but his hand gesture of reaching out was however serious. Such an arrogant, lawless and unbinding manner made others felt that everything seemed to have quieted down and this male's appearance was deeply engrave o everyone's heart, making it unforgettable.

Everyone was silent.

Shen Miao's head was covered and could not see anything thus she could only hear the sound coming front in front of her. She instinctively looked up and in the next moment felt that her hand was being lifted up and something was worn around her fingers.

It was a slightly cool and soft feeling that made her somewhat stunned.

The people around however breath in a cold breath.

In all dynasties, Princes of the First Rank would have their own thumb rings and this thumb ring was not just an accessory as it was an important symbol of their identity. By using this thumb ring, one would be able to freely order one's subordinate. Naturally no matter where the Imperial relatives went, everyone would recognize them and there was no need to use this thumb ring but one had never seen a Prince of First Rank giving his thumb ring to another.

What was gifted was not only a thumb ring. This meant that Prince Rui had given arbitrary power to Shen Miao to instruct his subordinates. Once Shen Miao had this thumb ring, there was no difference between facing her and Prince Rui.

This was giving up his power to another and the person who he gave to was a female.

One had seen others dote on their wives but one had never seen such doting. The young females surrounding were just too envious of it. Even though Prince Rui was wearing a mask, he was a noble and generous, thus there would be birds and bees flying around. Shen Miao was not a national beauty so she would be despised by Prince Rui very soon.

Who knew that the groom would directly slap their faces. In this world, it was most likely the first time one doted on one's wife like this.

Why was it that it was the Fifth Young Shen Lady that had such fortune? One did not know what blessings had she cultivated in her past life.

However be it was unfortunate or blessings, everyone had not thought about Shen Miao's experience in her past life.

Prince Rui placed the thumb ring onto Shen Miao hands and his thin lips hooked up before he leaned over slightly and kissed the back of Shen Miao's hand.

The feeling was slightly numbing and naturally Shen Miao guessed what it was and could not help but redden her face. Fortunately there was a veil covering her head and others was unable to see her.

Prince Rui got up and Mei NiangZi quickly sang with a smile, "Bringing the betrothal gifts and the dowry is carried out."

After all the dowries were moved, the mother had to personally feed rice dumplings to the bride.

The dumplings were made small sized and there was a mixture of peanuts, lotus seeds and sesame seeds as it has the meaning of giving birth early. Luo Xue Yan took the small spoon as Shen Miao slightly lifted the corner of the veil and swallowed the dumpling that Luo Xue Yan fed. Luo Xue Yan's eyes were somewhat moist, "Jiao Jiao, after marrying, one must not take grievances."

Shen Miao's heart also moved, "I understand Mother."

Shen Xin turned his back around and quietly wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes. He was a male and had led countless of generals and soldiers thus it was unspeakable for one to tear in front of others. However he was feeling very upset in his heart. Towards Shen Miao, Shen Xin always felt that he had owed her too much, especially after the conversation with Xie Jing Xing he only then knew that all along they thought that Shen Miao was raised in a warm nest but did not know that there were snakes, bugs, rats and ants in the nest. In those many moons, unknowingly she had grown up.