Chapter 127: Meeting With An Old Acquaintance

On the road back, Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan did not say anything. Even though on the surface they worked hard to show a very relaxing appearance, at the end some solemness revealed itself. Shen Qiu was also uncharacteristic and even though Luo Tan had a carefree personality, she also was sensitive to perceive that there was something wrong with the situation, and was cautious not to speak.

After all one had offended Princess Ming An, which mean also offending the Crown Prince of the Qin country. The Shen family just returned and had been pushed to where the wind and waves were the fiercest. It was just like there was an invisible hand behind them, that always pushed the Shen family out. Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan was not afraid if there were difficult things in the future, but today it was Shen Miao that came forwards, so they feared that Princess Ming An will hate Shen Miao, and would use underhanded methods to hinder her.

Since matters had progress to such, when the water rises, one uses the earth to keep back, and when soldiers come, one uses a General to keep them off. One could only protect Shen Miao even better, and not have any flaws.

Upon returning back to the residence, after Shen Miao returned to her courtyard and cleaned up, it was already somewhat late. She lit the oil lamp and when Gu Yu saw that she had no intention to rest, she said, "Is Young lady still worried about the matter tonight? It is of no matter. With Master and Furen, they would not let that Qin Princess mess around."

Shen Miao shook her head. She was clearer than others what kind of character Princess Ming An had. Princess Ming An had a very strong sense of pride and in the last lifetime, she also made things difficult for Shen Miao. That was because Princess Ming An thought that it was disdainful for Fu Xiu Yi, such an extraordinary person, to marry such a vulgar wife like her. Now that the Great Liang personnel had changed to Prince Rui, the most outstanding person in Princess Ming An's heart had become Prince Rui, but she still did not let her off. This was perhaps what others usually say, some people's enemies were fated and no matter how many lifetimes passed, it was still the same.

"You all can withdraw." Shen Miao said. "I cannot sleep and will play a little while of chess."

Gu Yu wanted to say something but Jing Zhe tugged on her sleeves. Jing Zhe said, "Then these servants will withdraw. Young Lady must not think too much. When one feel tired, it is better to rest early, else will harm one's health. The nights are also cold so it is better not to be too late."

Shen Miao complied so Jing Zhe and Gu Yu withdrew.

In front of the small table, the chess board was empty, so Shen Miao picked the white chess pieces in one end, then the black pieces and seriously played with herself.

She was seriously playing and time slowly passed. Gradually the empty chess board was filled with black and white pieces, making it extremely complicated. She was initially playing as she wishes to, but very much later she would need to think very hard, before placing one piece down.

Outside of the courtyard, it was very quiet that even the birds and insect noises were not heard, as the Ding capital had fallen into a dream. A breeze was gently blowing in the courtyard.

As Shen Miao looked at the chess board, she gently breathed out.

In two years' time, all the parties' forces were already out and all the pawns that were arranged, had already walked to the position that they should be at. From some perspective, being the first in the key moment might not be able to win the overall victory. This was the game between her and Fu Xiu Yi, but now it seemed that she had thought of things too simple.

Everything in this lifetime was still changing. She was changing and was no longer the her from the previous lifetime, so naturally others would also change. The only thing that did not change was change itself, and no one was unable to expect what kind of change would there be in the overall game.