Chapter 151: Changing the Marriage

"If there is a day where you are also forced into marriage by others, what would you do?"

Shen Miao was slightly startled. She being forced into marriage by others? In the past life she was forced to marry, but she actively forced to marry to Fu Xiu Yi. She was the one forcing the marriage, and had never think about being forced into marriage. At this moment when Xie Jing Xing asked, it made Shen Miao recall about a matter.

With the Shen family returning to the Ding capital once again, leaving aside that Emperor Wen Hui returned the Shen family's army to Shen Xin, even the Luo family's army in the faraway Xiao Chun City was no longer that army in dire straits that they could not afford to keep. The First household of the Shen family did not end up the way everyone had expected, gradually declining as they were away from the Ding capital but instead became even stronger. The Shen family was like a big piece of fatty meat and in the Princes' fight for the heir position, whoever was tied with the Shen family would have a winning leverage.

How to tie them together? In the clans and aristocratic families, being connected by marriage was the correct method.

Shen Qiu's and Shen Miao's marriages had become a channel where everyone could climb up. The only difference was that Shen Qiu was a male and could afford to wait for some time whereas Shen Miao was a female. If her marriage was delayed for too long... A female's age was like flowers that would pass away, and it would be difficult to escape from the censure of others.

If there was such a day, she would become the country's leverage in the fight of the heir apparent and would be snatched and be forced to marry by others. What could be done?

Xie Jing Xing stared at her with a gaze as sharp as blades.

"There will not be such a day." Shen Miao said.

"If there is, what would you do?" Xie Jing Xing did not let her go and insisted on asking Shen Miao this question.

Shen Miao pondered about it carefully before speaking, "Then fight. If one is able to fight, then naturally one would think of ways to let him sound out the difficulties and retreat to avoid defeat. If one is unable to fight, then there is no harm to be married over."

Xie Jing Xing's eyebrow raised, "No harm?"

"One have to still live right?" Shen Miao said blandly, "After marrying over then think of opportunities to retaliate. In this world there are many matters that one do not have a choice, and I cannot always be a virulent female and die by a long piece of silk with clear determination. Why not save one's life? There would always be an opportunity to reverse the situation."

After the bitter experience in the Palace in her previous life, it had made Shen Miao understand that death was the most desperate matter. Once one dies, it meant that every single matter had settle and one would not know who would emerge victorious. She often thought that if in her previous life she did not die like that and continue fighting with Mei Furen in the Palace for a few decades, at the end who would emerge as the victor? Perhaps she would still lose or perhaps she would win and would recover the debt of life for the entire Eldest household of the Shen family, Wan Yu and Fu Ming. Anyhow, life would not go on in vain.

Xie Jing Xing stared at Shen Miao.

She was just like a vibrant plant. The weeds that grew in the bitter cold that even if it was in the worst and harshest of condition, it would never lose hope. Even if its position was not the currently dominant position, it would climb up a little by a little to the position that it wanted. Her goal was clear but was still a mysterious secret.

She was not like an unmarried sixteen year old young female.

Xie Jing Xing smiled lightly, "You are like the Shen family."