Chapter 103: Female Charms

The scandal at the Shen family banquet did not spread out in the end. The 'spreading out' was referring to the public but as for the aristocratic circles, they had always been inextricably linked thus a furen would use it as a joke and tell another furen and in private, it had been spread out. Moreover Old Shen Furen's clever words had now sent herself to the road of ruin. If she did not do as she had said, it would be as if she was slapping her own face but if she were to do as she said... How could she be easily reconciled with the loss of her most outstanding grandson.

But because of this matter, the Eldest household and Old Shen Furen were completely at a deadlock. Originally it was just estrangement from the Second and Third households, but because of Old Shen Furen's attitude in the banquet, Lou Xue Yan and Shen Xin feel as if there was a fish bone stuck at their throats. They were not people who would grin and swallow it so they just folded their arms and watched a good show.

After Shen Yuan and Jing Chu Chu woke up, naturally Jing Chu Chu cried and only said that she was pulled in by Shen Yuan. Shen Yuan was furious and said that he did not know what was going on when he fainted and when he woke up, he was already lying together with Jing Chu Chu. He could not remember these matters and it was possible that Jing Chu Chu was still perfectly intact.

It was no longer important if Jing Chu Chu was perfectly intact since so many noble furens had seen such a fragrant scene, Jing Chu Chu's next half of her life was over.

Perhaps it was this matter that provoked them or it could be due to other reasons, but the Jing siblings were no longer gentle and warm like previously and were instead aggressive, insisting that Shen Yuan take responsibility. Moreover, Old Shen Furen had previously said that if it was Shen Qiu, she would be able to be the Shen residence's Eldest Young Furen so now that it was Shen Yuan, naturally Jing Chu Chu should be the Second Young Furen of the Shen residence.

Old Shen Furen's scheme was exquisite so how could she let something like this happen. Shen Yuan was her most outstanding grandson but now had to marry a young lady from a small family, so she immediately fished for an excuse to reject. Jing Guan Sheng looked scholarly and he was very smart. Without saying a second word, he said that he was bringing Jing Chu Chu to the authorities and also wrote a letter back to SuZhou. Once the SuZhou side heard of all this, they were angry at Old Shen Furen for not keeping to her words and started their journey to the Ding capital to argue.

The original alliance was fractured and Old Shen Furen scolded loudly the two siblings all day as white eyed wolves, and the Jing siblings also mocked Old Shen Furen as Old Unrespectable One. Shen Yuan was also very angry but even if the matter was blown up, one could not just kill Jing Chu Chu as there were so many Furen's watching. Once something happened to Jing Chu Chu then everyone would be suspicious of him. Moreover the Jing family was not easy to deal with.

No matter how much trouble there was outside, the Western courtyard's doors of the Shen residence remained closed and everyone were still joyous and harmonious. On that day Shen Qiu did not even drink any alcohol but it was Shen Miao who made him act drunk. As for what happened next, Shen Qiu also did not know the reason why Shen Yuan was together with Jing Chu Chu. Even though Shen Miao was unwilling to tell him and threatened him not to tell Shen Xin and wife, Shen Qiu could faintly guess it thus when he returned back to the residence, he refused to even step in Rong Jing Tang.

In the room, Shen Miao sat in front of the desk writing a recipe to the kitchens. It was no longer possible for Jing Chu Chu to fawn the Eldest household thus Shen Miao no longer need to go to the practice field daily, but Shen Xin and the soldiers all looked forward to the soup that she made. Shen Miao was too lazy to personally boil it everyday, so she wrote some recipe down for the kitchens. At the end she was praised daily and those soldiers respected her more than Shen Qiu.