Chapter 17: Who Taught you

A major event occurred in the early October.

Su Ming Feng, the Eldest Young Master Su, the heir of the Nan Ping Bo family in the Ding capital suddenly came down with a serious illness and had to recuperate at home. Ping Nan Bo was heart ached for his favoured son thus he and his Furen stayed at home to take care of the Eldest Young Master Su and temporarily disregards matters on the military horses. His Majesty bestowed some things to express his sympathy and also arranged the new official to take over the management matters.

The people in the Ding capital all sighed with regret on the matter. That Eldest Young Master Su was a talented youth and achieved a great merit shortly after becoming an official but just as he meteorically rise and when his future was unlimited, he suddenly succumbed to this serious illness. Even if one was a talented genius, if three to five years pass before his return, there would not be any foothold for him in court.

The commoners saw it as such but the colleagues in court were uncertain. Some wise people said, "This isn't any illness and it is obviously avoiding a disaster. Originally one would think that this Su family had been adding oil into the blaze and seeing that the fire would burn them up. Who would have thought that they saw the situation clearly and took such a drastic measure to deal with the situation."

When these things reached Shen Miao's ears, she was pruning the Begonia flowers in the middle of the courtyard. These days in the Guang Wen Tang, everyone had something new to talk about the Eldest Young Master Su that no one paid much attention to her. She also had a few rare days of leisure.

"Young Lady now like all these flowers and greenery." Gu Yu smiled as she said, "This Begonia flower blossoms really well."

The deep red Begonia flower petals gave a bit of colour to the chill of the autumn. When she was the Empress, she was learning to manage the Inner Palace, helping Fu Xiu Yi to win over the officials, be the hostage in Qin country and fight with Mei Furen. Most of the time she was living in the midst of manipulations and fights, how would she have the mood to casually prune flowers?

"Do you know why the Begonia flower blossom so brilliantly?" She asked.

Even though Gu Yu did not understand why her own Young Lady would ask such a question, she still replied with a smiled, "This is the seeds that the steward bought from outside. It was said that they were expensive seeds. Furen also praised that this type of Begonia looks particularly good in the autumn."

Shen Miao gently shook her head.

How would that be the reason?

Just like the Palace, the land of the cold and gloom, and even the flowers outside the Cold Palace were all filled with exquisite flowers. It was because under those flowers there were many bones. In this world, there would always be the coldest reasons for the brightest things.

The Su family has understood this principle. What would they do?

She smiled slightly.

In the residence of Ping Nan Bo.

The courtyard of Eldest Young Master Su was tightly guarded that other than the close servants and family, no one else could enter. One can only smell the heavy scent of medication as Master Su closed the doors to all guest and did not see any outsiders.

As the good friend of the Su heir, little Marquis Xie naturally paid the sick person a visit.

The Xie family's carriage was parked outside the Su residence and the servants were moving the herbs down in great difficulty. These hers were all placed in wooden boxes and it can be seen that the little Marquis had very good intentions for his good friend.