Chapter 115: Military Power Taken Away

There was never short of new and fresh things in Ding capital.

Whenever there was any movement the yesterday, it would be spread all over the skies the next day. If it implicate whichever famous person, naturally one would talk about it for three days and nights.

When talking about such things, some were joking but some genuinely spoke undeservedly for the people involved.

In today's excitement, there were people talking about the Formidable Great General Shen that no one could compare in terms of limelight.

Tame the pirates, fight the Xiong Nu and go on expedition all year in the Northwestern region. Didn't claim credit, not proud, impressive list of military exploits and protecting the country. These were all talking about the military lineage of the Shen family.

Ever since Old General Shen, the Shen family relied on meritorious services and won prestige among the people in Ming Qi. Unfortunately among Old General Shen's three sons, only the eldest, Shen Xin, inherited his mantle and continue to take the military official route. It was fortunate that like father, Shen Xin lived up to the name of the Formidable Great General Shen and even Shen Xin's Di son, Shen Qiu, was also a brave General in the battlefield.

When fighting a tiger, one relied on blood brothers, When fighting a war, one relied on father and sons. Shen Xin was not temperamental in the army and when in battle would be at the forefront and getting together with the military lineage tigress Luo Xue Yan became a legend for a generation. The commoner in Ming Qi respected Shen Xin in their heart and if anything was not good, it would be that Shen Xin's Di daughter did not inherit any outstanding attributes but was an idiot.

However even if his Di daughter was an idiot, when one mentioned about Shen Xin, the commons would still favour and support.

But now with an offence of lying to the Monarch, the commoners were dumbfounded.

It was not a small fight nor was it a family issue. It was lying to a Monarch and that was an serious offence that could easily make one family be confiscated. Early in the morning, the officials in the court surrounded the Shen residence, saying to search for evidence. The commoners only knew that Shen Xin had an lying to the Monarch offence but did not know what kind of offence or how did he lie to the Emperor.

"How would such a good person like General Shen lie to the Monarch?"

"Correct, last time my child was being naughty and shocked Shen Furen's horse but not only Shen Furen did not place any blame, she still apologized with a gift. They are such good people. Could it be that His Majesty has mistaken?"

"Hey. What mistaken? One heard that this is a thing that is cast in stone. There is even evidence." Someone said softly, "Even though one did not know why, one heard that it was His Highness Prince Ding that personally brought down General Shen."

"His Highness Prince Ding."

"Yes. Think about it, His Highness Prince Ding will definitely not falsify it. One can't say for sure but it might be because Fifth Young Shen Lady once admired His Highness Prince Ding and was humiliated so in order to vent for his daughter, General Shen did something apologetic to His Majesty."

"Ah. Speaking as such then this is possible. It's a pity for the entire family of General Shen that was made miserable by that Di daughter."

The commoners' discussions were not soft, even though Shen Miao was standing at the residence door, she could hear clearly. The people of the residence were all standing at the doors of the residence so that the court's soldiers could enter to search. Shen Yue feigned fear and hid behind Chen Rou Qiu before looking sympathetically at Shen Miao, "Fifth Younger Sister, how could these people talk about you? What Eldest Bo do had no relation to you."