Chapter 141: He Came

When Luo Tan was found, she was at an almost abandoned lane on the western part of the city. That alleyway was connected to different smaller roads, and all the messy and complicated alleys made it harder to search. Fortunately someone in Ah Chi's city guard's group was very familiar with that corner of the Ding capital, and thus discovered Luo Tan's whereabouts.

Even though one had found Luo Tan, her condition did not make one relax at all. Luo Tan's waist has been stabbed deeply, and the wound was extremely deep. Because it took quite some time to locate her, when she returned to the Shen residence, she was already at her dying breath.

A number of good doctors came over and would only shake their heads over and over again, before saying that they lack the strength to reverse the desperate situation. Shen Xin was so angry that he almost pulled his sword out. It was Luo Xue Yan that said, "All these people are quacks, take Ah Xin's tally and invite a Imperial Physician from the Palace's Medical Institute. Are not those people from the Medical Institute, to all have magical hands that bring the dying back to life? Whoever is able to cure Tan-er, the Shen family would reward handsomely."

Shen Qiu ordered his subordinate to take Shen Xin's tally to invite an Imperial Physician from the Palace. Everyone surrounded in front of Luo Tan's bed and Luo Xue Yan's eyes turned red, "Who did this? So malicious."

Luo Ling's gaze was solemn. Luo Tan was his Tang Younger Sister (aka female cousin of his father side), and to be in a situation where her life and death was unknown, he was naturally upset. However the even more disturbing thing was that Luo Tan was found, but there was still no information about Shen Miao's whereabouts. Upon seeing Luo Tan's current situation the other party was obviously vicious, so no one dared to think about what Shen Miao would encounter.

The Shen family army searched nonstop in the Ding capital, but there was no slightest clue at all. Those people seemed to have disappeared into thin air. The houses of ordinary people were searched and all the streets and alleys were searched. One could not go into the residences of officials to search, as they did not have the power to do so even if they wanted to.

A terrible silence fell onto the room.

Whatever that happened outside, Shen Miao was not aware of it. When she woke up, she already did not know what time was it.

Her hands and feet were bound and she was unable to move. Shen Miao slowly opened her eyes. The other party had forgotten to cover her eyes or perhaps it was unnecessary to do so.

This was an empty secret chamber and there was only a table, a cupboard and a bed inside. One was unable to know where this was. It looked like this was a secret room within someone's residence. Shen Miao could not even move and could only watch quietly.

There was no sound at all and nothing could be heard. Shen Miao was previously unconscious and was not aware of what happened, thus she did not know if Luo Tan escaped and passed the message to Xie Jing Xing.

Currently Shen Xin was a character that everyone in the Ding capital would have some degree of fear, especially the current situation where the Qin's and the Great Liang's envoys had not left. Because Emperor Wen Hui relied on Shen Xin, his position rose steadily, and combined with the return of the military power, ordinary people would not be able to touch his head. However at the moment there were such brainless people who did that, and to be that bold and plainly disregard of the consequences, Shen Miao need not need to use any brains to guess who that person was. Other than Princess Ming An, no one would use such a simple and crude method.

However she had not thought that Princess Ming An would have found help in the Ding capital this quickly. Obviously, Princess Ming An would not do the job herself and even if it was HuangFu Hao, he would also not allow Princess Ming An to use such a stupid method. Moreover the people who kidnapped her could infiltrate the Feng family guards, so they had some understanding of the Feng family, and had inquired very clearly of her entire journey with Feng An Ning. Especially how they were able to cast the Feng family's guards off that quickly with the horse carriage, and entered in the deserted alleys. Everything made it clear of the fact that the help that Princess Ming An found, was just too familiar with the Ding capital various routes, and it was obvious that they were natives of Ming Qi.