Chapter 153: Pushing the Waves

The matter of Shen Yue and Shen Dong Ling exchanging marriage eventually had an unimaginable result. The latest update was that under the request of the Wang family, Shen Wan could only agree to let Shen Yue marry in with the status of a PinQi (aka equal wife). One did not know what Shen Dong Ling said to the Wang family this time that the Wang family was not willing to listen to Shen Wan's explanation at all. A fine marriage could not be come an animosity at the end, thus Shen Wan had no way out.

But this was not the result that Shen Yue hoped for. This time there was no one else for Shen Yue to exchange the marriage with and Shen Yue had dropped all pretences and made a fuss all day indicating that she was not willing to marry to the Wang family and could not tolerate Shen Dong Ling being on equal status as her.

Not only was Shen Yue unwilling, Chen Rou Qiu was also very angry. Chen Rou Qiu was considered to be a person who knew about the bigger picture but the matter of Shen Yue's marriage was a huge matter thus she could not swallow this down and insisted of Shen Wan to go to the Wang family talk to them. The previously loving couple of the Third household had been in conflict these days, making all the servants in Qiu Shui Yuan dared not breath a little louder.

Today it was the same.

Chen Rou Qiu paced back and fro in the room and suddenly turned before walking over to Shen Wan and said worriedly, "What is the Wang family thinking now? One cannot let it drag on with Yue-er. Shen Dong Ling, that little slut has occupied our Yue-er's reputation and can it be that she also want to be an official Young Mistress? Master, you must go to the Wang family to talk sense!"

Her every uttering of 'little slut' was like a different person from her usual good cultured and manner self, making Shen Wan frown without helping. He resisted his temper, "Now with the current situation, the only way is to let Yue-er marry in as a PinQi (aka equal wife) first then plan later. With you being so noisy all day, Yue-er will also be restless. There is just no other ways!"

"Master!" Chen Rou Qiu shrieked, "Yue-er is your daughter and the real Di daughter of our Third household and was treated like pearl and jade to raise up. How could you say to let her be a PinQi (aka equal wife), moreover it is to be of equal status with that little slut! Even if this matter was Yue-er's fault, there is also Shen Dong Ling's temptation. How could you be so emotionless!"

Seemingly being pierced by Chen Rou Qiu's voice, Shen Wan was somewhat angered, "Then what do you say to do? The longer the matter is delay, the only one at the disadvantage is Yue-er. If it is exposed just like you say, Shen Dong Ling as a Shu daughter would not be affected much but Yue-er would be critiqued and joked by other and the Shen residence would become a joke. What would you do?"

Chen Rou Qiu jumped in shock by Shen Wan's furious voice and somewhat trembled but upon thinkin of Shen Yue, she then said, "But one cannot let Yue-er suffer like that right? No. I am going to the Wang residence to talk sense!"

"Enough!" Shen Wan said in a fury, "You stay in the residence, watch Shen Yue carefully and not give me any more trouble is the correct path!"

Chen Rou Qiu was stunned. After living for so many years with Shen Wan, even when he was extremely angry, Shen Wan would not say that to her. It was as if he despised and was impatient and her hearts tightened and actually unconsciously said, "You and me have been husband and wife for so many years. At the beginning we were so harmonious and loving that we agreed not to bring in concubine. Currently you despise that my appearance has withered and Mother kept saying all day to bring in an Gui Concubine (higher status concubine). Your heart was moved is it? You despise me."

Chen Rou Qiu had always been somewhat small minded. Although she was born in a scholarly family, but she like to throw a little temple which Shen Wan would fall for it. After soaking in the honey days for far too long, it would be difficult to avoid being boring. When one did it correctly it would make men's heart weak. But unfortunately when it is done when one was young it would be interesting but when done when one was older, it would be rather irritating.