Chapter 105: Pay With One's Life For Murder

In front of the stone table at the Western courtyard of the Shen residence, Shen Miao was playing chess with Shen Qiu.

It was rare that Shen Qiu need not practise swordplay today and knowing that Shen Miao's chess skills had improved by leaps and bounds, Shen Qiu has long rolled up his sleeves to win one round from Shen Miao. But currently the outcome of the game was not according to one's wishes.

Shen Miao placed a black piece down and Shen Qiu previously oppressing white pieces were now surrounded by black pieces, unable to get out. Shen Qiu looked for a long time before asking Shen Miao, "Younger Sister, are not this the moves that I used in the first game?"

He felt that the moves on chessboard were very familiar when he saw them. The more he looked, the more surprised he was, as each steps that Shen Miao took were exactly like the moves he made in the first game. It was just that Shen Miao was able to play them better and at least in this game, the route she used was very convenient and filled with ferociousness.

"Using an opponent's own methods to obtain retribution." Shen Miao smiled gently, "Eldest Brother, have you thought about countermeasure for your own stuff?"

Shen Qiu shook his head, "My methods is to target the enemy and it was to set up a route to death. Younger Sister let me find a solution to it but I am unable to do so."

Shen Miao looked at the path of the chess pieces on the board and faintly smiled.

In the previous life, after a few years Shen Qiu was imprisoned after killing Sun Cai Nan and after much thought, more or less the plan had Shen Yuan's signature in it. One did not know that by throwing the same means back, would Shen Yuan find them familiar? The road of death that he designed for Shen Qiu, could Shen Yuan himself find a solution out of it?

It should not be successful.

When Shen Qiu scratched his head and wanted to put a chess piece down, suddenly someone ran in from outside of the courtyard. It was a second ranked maid who was in charge of sweeping. The maid had a face full of panic as she said frenetically, "Eldest Young Master and Fifth Young Lady, it is not good. Second Young Master has killed someone outside!"

"What?" Shen Qiu frowned as the chess piece fell and spin before finally falling onto the ground.

Shen Miao bent over to pick the chess piece up before she looked at the maid and asked warmly, "Who did he kill?"

*****

In the prison of the Administrator of the Capital, Shen Yuan was locked up in the innermost cell, and his hands and clothes were stained with so much blood that they were shockingly red. Moreover there were also some bruises on his face.

This was Shen Yuan's first time in such a sorry strait. When he was fighting with Jing Chu Chu's adulterer, he did not know why but he felt very irritated as if his mind was feverish. When he woke up from it, Sun Cai Nan was already stabbed by him with a knife and because the tavern was made up of wood, the fight had alerted a number of people and with Tao Yuan's and Jing Chu Chu's screams, it almost immediately exposed the murder to everyone.

It was until now when Shen Yuan's heart gradually calmed down. He was simply too impulsive with regards to the matter today.

In Shen Yuan's life, the most hated thing for him was for others to insult his dignity. He already felt humiliated regarding the matter of the Shen family's banquet, but because he did not regain consciousness at that time, he could only tolerate it. Now the entire Ding capital's people knew that he was to marry Jing Chu Chu but she made him wear a green hat. Everyone in the tavern seemed to also be pointing at him thus Shen Yuan was unable to control his wrath.