Chapter 91: The Death of Shen Qing

The night gradually darkened and as winter nights are always exceptionally cold, thus when one walk outside, the Northern wind seemed to blow into one's bones and each little movement would feel painful.

In the sinister prison, the wind whistled into the small window opening which made the person in the prison shrunk into a ball. She had already wrapped the torn quilt tightly around her body and only her head was revealed. She struggled to get up to close the windows that the wind was blowing into.

But as she was not tall enough even when she stood on tiptoes, in a moment later, she gave up on this intended plan as she was afraid that by using more strength, it would make herself even weaker.

When the warden who was doing his round saw this scene, he only smiled and did not go forward to help. As one stayed in this sinister place for a long period of time, to some extent one would become somewhat distorted, and most likely would feel that seeing the prisoners suffering was also a type of entertainment, at least for now it was.

Shen Qing took a glance at the warden and quickly lowered her head to cover the hatred in her eyes. In the few days after coming to this place, she had suffered what she should have and did not know if Shen Yuan and Shen Gui did arrange anything, as this warden did not treat her any difference from others and even make fun of her suffering. If one were to say if there was any special consideration, it would probably be that her innocence was not destroyed like the other female prisoners. But this might not be credited to the Shen family as she was after all pregnant with Prince Yu of the First Rank's flesh and blood. Regardless if it originated honourably or not, there were still traces of a royal bloodline.

Shen Qing gently and cautiously stroked her lower abdomen as this was now the only thing she could rely on. She did not know the reason but the words that Shen Miao said in the afternoon made her felt an extreme fear. This was what she had never felt before, not even in the beginning when she was arrested she had such thoughts because she knew that there would be people coming to save her, for her family would not let her suffer in vain.

But every word and sentence of Shen Miao's analysis for her, crushed her hopes one by one and made Shen Qing clearly see how those she depended on, would be unable to withstand a single blow. This also made Shen Qing doubt if she was able to escape unscathed.

The warden took a glance at her and headed outside when Shen Qing suddenly said, "Big Brother."

The other person stopped and walked to her. Most likely he was unable to stand the body odour from Shen Qing's body, he disgustedly waved, "What?"

"These days, have my family come to see me? Or perhaps have messages for me?" She held back her anger. Just a small ranking warden even dared to use such a despising eyes to look at her. If it was the past, one could not wait to fawn her. These curry favouring villains!

The warden laughed, "What is Shen Eldest Young Lady thinking? The case is not settled, who dare to come and see you. Besides, your family, other than that Younger Sister, did not ask any information of you." When the warden said till here, his tone had some ridicule to it. After all Shen Qing had met with such a matter and even if the crimes were washed off in the future, there would still be numerous rumours, and to bring the Shen family to such a situation one fear that her future days would also be difficult. Presumably the Shen family also intended to give up this daughter, so the warden's attitude to Shen Qing got increasingly rude.

Shen Qing could not say it clearly if she was disappointment or relaxed but after hesitating a moment she then looked towards the warden, "Big Brother, if my Older Brother come to see me... Please say that my mood is heavy and am unwilling to see anyone and not let him come and see me." Finishing, she pulled out a bracelet from her wrist and handed it through the metal railings.