Chapter 177: Marry You

The days seemed to be especially calm but whether there were some schemes lurking under the calmness, no one actually knew.

These days in the residence of Prince Ding, everyone felt themselves imperiled, especially the few valued aides under Fu Xiu Yi and things were done even more cautiously. It was not because of anything but a few days back Fu Xiu Yi sent his most valued Pei Lang to the prisons. No one was actually clear of the details but those who knew about it revealed slightly that ti was because Pei Lang was a spy that Fu Xiu Yi's opponent had sent over.

Before this, no one could deny Pei Lang's talent and even though everyone was jealous that Fu Xiu Yi's treatment of him, Pei Lang had resolved a number of problems for Fu Xiu Yi in the past two years. Fu Xiu Yi just capture him like this and even if one had yet to verify it was true or not, just the night before the arrest, Pei Lang was even drinking tea and playing chess with Fu Xiu Yi with an appearance of a monarch and his subject in harmony.

If Fu Xiu Yi suddenly have some clues, he would definitely investigate if it was true or not, otherwise he would be accusing injusticely an innocence and permanently damaging a confidant's heart. For Fu Xiu Yi to make such a decisive decision, it only showed that he had long been suspicious of Pei Lang and even with such doubts he could still put on such appearance of closeness, this Prince Ding was not a simple person. Be it if it was killing the chicken to scare the monkeys or not, the aides were much more respectful when facing Fu Xiu Yi again.

However Fu Xiu Yi's heart was not as soothing as what others had thought. He too had some doubts.

He had sent people to monitor the Princess residence and finally learned that Princess Rong Xin actually disguised herself went to the residence of the Count of Pin Nan to look for Su Ming Feng. Even though one did not know what they were talking about or what was Princess Rong Xin's purpose, Fu Xiu Yi thought that there was somewhat strange about it. Princess Rong Xin dwelled in deep seclusion and rarely came out that she even did not have close relations with Emperor Wen Hui. If there was, it would be having good relations with the late Princess Yu Qing in the early years. However Princess Yu Qing had been dead for many years and it was Princess Yu Qing's son, Xie Jing Xing, who was close to Princess Rong Xin but Xie Jing Xing died two years back in the battlefield in Northern Jiang. There were no other relations between the residence of the Count of Pin Nan and Princess Rong Xin.

Fu Xiu Yi had racked his brains to think about the relationship between Princess Rong Xin and the residence of the Count of Pin Nan but it was a pity that there were no viable clues. Moreover what made Fu Xiu Yi puzzled was that why did Princess Rong Xin not look for the Count of Ping Nan, Su Yu, but instead looked for Su Ming Feng alone? Su Ming Feng had long been out of the officialdom and would not be of any help in it was for official matters and if it was for personal matters, how would Su Ming Feng know Princess Rong Xin privately? Just as Fu Xiu Yi was mumbling Su Ming Feng's name, he was suddenly startled.

Su Ming Feng was well known to many people in Ding capital and it was not only because he was outstanding and talented or because just as he was about to enter officialdom he had a serious illness that there was no choice but to give up on the route of an official but because he was Xie Jing Xing's playmate since young. Many people were puzzled as Su Ming Feng was an upright youth so how would he always be mixed with Xie Jing Xing, who always trifling around without respect. Since the residence of the Marquis of Lin An and the residence of the Count of Pin Nan were long friends, there was nothing wrong with having good relations.

It was as if he had found a clue as Fu Xiu Yi's thoughts were finally broken through. Su Ming Feng was Xie Jing Xing playmate and Princess Rong Xin was Xie Jing Xing's YiMu. If Princess Rong Xin looked for Su Ming Feng privately, it was most likely that they were discussing about Xie Jing Xing.