{10} Meeting the kids.

"Hello, my name is Teresa Figueroa,  and I'll be your English and Spanish teacher. It is an honor to meet you. Please take good care of me."

They introduced themselves. "Step out! Annyeonhaseyo, Stray Kids imnida."

"Nice to see you all. Changbin, Hyunjin, good to see you again. 

"Han? I love you! You are so stinking talented, and I pray for you daily. Bless you, child! 

"Keep healthy and happy. Ok?"

"Yes. Ma'am!" He saluted her.

"I.N. You've grown up so well. You're so talented. I can listen to you sing all day. Thank you for existing. You're beautiful!

"You too, please stay healthy and happy!"

"Ye seonsaengnim! Gamsahabnida!"

"In English." Hyunjin whispers. 

"Oh, ok. Thank you, ma'am!"

"Ah, so cute!  I love you all! I hope to be the teacher you need me to be. If at any moment there is something you want to do, or a way you feel is best for you to learn, please talk to me."

"Ye!" They all said in unison. 

"Wow! The Stray Kids Synch is real!" She laughed. 

"Okay, who wants to be first? I only need about five minutes with each of you to confirm your proficiency levels and get a better idea of where each of you are. I don't know if Chris told you, but I plan on pairing Hyunjin and Han, and Changbin with Jeongin. 

I'll let you know if that changes. 

"Gwaenchanhji?" She asked.

"Ye! Ssaem!" Changbin yelled making her laugh. 

"How about we start with you, Changbin?"

"Yes! I'm ready!" He said with the cutest blushing smile. Making everyone say how cute he was. 

She talked to him, asking him questions that elicited different verb tenses and conjugations, and she assessed his level right away. Next was Jeongin, since he'd possibly be Changbin's partner, then Han and Hyunjin. 

When she was finished with Hyunjin, he asked if they could talk or a little longer, and she accepted. 

"I know this might not be okay for me to say, but please excuse Chris. He really likes you, and he's never liked someone like this. I know because  am his love doctor." He laughed.  "If there is a chance you like him, it's okay to give him a chance. JYPE has no problems with dating, as long as you keep it quiet. I thought it's good for you to know."

"Wow, what a good friend you are. Um... it's not uncommon for students to get a crush on me, but their crushes never last, so I don't entertain them. He'll get over me in a few days. The longest one had a crush on me was two weeks. He was intense. Even asked me to marry him."

"Oh no! What happened?" 

"The class got harder, he didn't like doing his homework,  and when I scolded him, all of a sudden he didn't like me anymore and got a girlfriend. I taught her too!" She laughed. 

I never get my heart stirred by a man saying he likes me. It doesn't last long, so I just deal with it until they move on, and they always do."

"Okay. I trust both of you to know how to handle this. You're amazing, and I love you already. Teacher or sister in law, I love it both ways."

"You're so sweet. It'll be okay. I am happy being your teacher. I need nothing more."

"Let's talk to the rest. I've made my pairing decision."