{8} Collision

"Daebak? Winking? The jealous comments? The spacing out while we were finding a restaurant, the 'I can try'?

"It's true that I only know you from what you've shown on your content and so, this might be the real you, but it doesn't seem to be. You seem to be acting like a teenager who has a crush on his teacher.

He opened his mouth to say something, but she shushed him.

"Ah, ah! No! I am telling you right now that I don't need confirmation on this, so I don't even want to hear a yes or a no from you. I don't want to hear a single word right now. You listen to me."

His eyes widened, and his ears turned crimson red.

If what I perceive is correct, you can not be my student, do you hear me? If you want to learn Spanish, you have to stop with the winking and the nonsense, because I will fire you as my student.

"Now, our lesson is in less than thirty minutes. Do ourselves a favor, and go take a walk and decide what it's going to be. If you're going to be my student and stop the shenanigans, show up here at eight.

"If you feel you can't, then my original contract was for four members, and I am okay with that. Do you understand me?" She was not happy and her face was one hundred percent serious.

"Yes, ma- Ms. Teresa. I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable. It will not happen again."

"가! (Go.) Also, I think it would be best if you did call me "Ms. Figueroa or ma'am after all."

"Ye. joesonghamnida!" He apologized formally with a ninety-degree bow and left.

++++++++

He entered his dorm and went straight to Hyunjin's room. He was getting ready to meet Chan at the teacher's apartment. Upon hearing Chan knock on his door, asking if he could come in, he wondered what was wrong.

"Hyung? Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with the teacher?"

"Hyunjin, I fucked up. She read me like a book. She told me to decide if I'd be her student or not based on my behavior being like a teenager with a crush on his teacher. She got me. She was so serious. I can't believe I made her feel so uncomfortable on the first day. I suck!"

“You don't suck. You just have a crush, and she is being gracious, setting a boundary. What are you going to do?”

“I want to learn Spanish, and I also want to see her, but what if I act out of impulse again? I really need to hold my tongue.”

“I'll go with you today, like promised, and if after the lesson you think you can't do it, let her know. Be sincere.” 

“Okay, thank you, Jinnie. I'm sorry I'm taking time away from you as well.”

“Don't mention it. You'd do the same for me. You'll figure it out. I know it.”

++++++

The doorbell rang, and Teresa saw Hyunjin and Chan waiting to be let in through the camera. “Wow, these boys are unrealistically beautiful!” She pressed the button letting them in. 

“Welcome, gentlemen. Good evening,  Hyunjin. I am Ms. Figueroa, so nice to meet you.” She figured after Chan flirted with her, she’d set the distance right away with her name. 

“Nice to meet you, too, ma'am. How are you?” 

“I'm doing just fine, thank you. I'm eager to meet all of you, and get started with lessons. I'm so proud of you boys, as a Stay and now, as your teacher. 

“Mr. Bang, I am happy to see you. Let's get started. Does anyone want some water before we start?”

“No, thank you, ma'am.” They both said. 

“Alright, let's begin. Chan, this is your notebook, and this is the information on the online studying platform we will use to study vocabulary. 

“We have a free trial of this e-book to see if we both like it, and if we do, we can request Division one to purchase a license for both of us. I figured online materials would work well, due to your traveling and schedule changes. 

“Sound good?”

“Wow, yes. This is amazing. Thank you.”

“Alright. We are going to start with basic instructional language like, repeat, read, write, ask, respond… etc. So that we rely on English the least amount possible.”

He agreed, and they began their lesson. Hyunjin helped by being Chan's partner during Q & A moments, and they both felt they were learning quickly. They were impressed with her abilities as a teacher and her patience and guidance when they made mistakes. 

Time flew by, and neither man realized an hour had passed. 

“Okay, gentlemen. That is all for today.  Chan, your task until our next lesson is to pre-study this vocabulary on the platform and preview pages one and two of the e-book. 

“Please text me if anything prevents you from doing this, so I can adjust my lesson accordingly. As expected, you did an amazing job today!

“Gracias, señora Figueroa. Buenas noches.”

“Buenas noches, señor Bang y señor Hwang.”

“Buenas noches.” They both responded,  bowed, and went home. 

On the elevator, Chan's phone vibrated with a text message. 

“You forgot your notebook. You can get it tomorrow, but if you want to come get it now to study, you can. I'll be up until ten. 

"BTW, I also don't know what the week's schedule will look like. Will we discuss that tomorrow morning?” 

Hyunjin exited the elevator but Chan didn't move. “Hyung. You okay? We're on our floor.”

“I have to go back to get my notebook. I forgot it, and I forgot to give her the week's schedule. I'll be right back.”

“Will you be okay? Want me to come with?”

“Yeah, she set me straight. Thank you for coming with me. I think I'll be okay from now on. Go rest. Tell the guys we will meet with her tomorrow morning at nine thirty.”

“Alright hyung! Fighting! You did very well in class. Good night!”

“G’night, Jinnie! Thanks again!”

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Chan pressed her floor's number on the elevator panel and returned to her place. 

“Okay, Chris… go in, get the stuff, and get out. You can do this.”