The Empress released Shen Miao's hand, "Today BenGong only wanted to talk to you." She sighed, "That day one had mentioned it with your Mother that you do not have any engagement and at the right age. BenGong really like you and wanted to be a matchmaker for you. Naturally BenGong would not make things difficult for others, you have to like it too."

Shen Miao lowered her head without speaking.

The Empress patted her hands, "Do you think BenGong live well? Is it impressive or not?"

Shen Miao sneered in her heart but she had a smile on as she replied, "Your Ladyship live well and it is impressive."

"Marrying into the Imperial family would allow the powerful one protect and dote. Every female would be able to live well and impressively. BenGong life is indeed good. If you have this kind of good luck, do you want to live impressively?"

These words had the intention to tempt. Shen Miao's lips slightly rose but her words were instead humble and fearful as she knelt down, "This official's daughter is currently living very well and dare not to look at other things and don't even dare to compare with Your Ladyship. May Your Ladyship spare this official's daughter a life."

The Empress was stunned. She did not expect that Shen Miao would have such a reaction. There were numerous of people under Heavens that wanted to climb to higher branches thus the Empress knew that as long as it was normal females, there would be a little vanity and by using herself as a lure, it would be easy to convince Shen Miao due to her young age and one did not fear she would not be tempted. As long as Shen Miao loosen a bit and follow her words, then the Imperial family would be justified to push the marriage to the Shen family. Since one wanted to be a bandit, one had to conceal some parts of it.

Who knew that Shen Miao would have this kind of reaction? Not tempted, no hesitation and instead fearful?

The Empress did not feel good. Could it be that being an Empress was such a scary thing? Or is it that the Di born Young Lady of the Shen family had a courage of a mouse or was as stupid as a cow and could not understand her subtle hint and thought that calamity was approaching?

One could not make mud rise up and climb the wall (aka useless as mud).

In the remaining of the time, no matter how tactful the Empress spoke or how hash or gentle, Shen Miao still had a humble and fearful appearance on. It was because of this appearance, her mouth was very tight and one was unable to get a single word out of her. At the end the Empress was somewhat angry and let Shen Miao go back in annoyance. She only thought that since this matter could not be targeted from Shen Miao then one had to discuss new approaches with Emperor Wen Hui.

Because the Empress's attitude was not of satisfaction when she let Shen Miao leave, the palace maids that was bringing her also did not care much of Shen Miao and just give Shen Miao to a young eunuch who was passing by to bring Shen Miao out of the Palace.

The young eunuch naturally complied.

The young eunuch brought Shen Miao towards the outer Palace and took a few turns. There are a lot of palaces in the Palace and other than the few palace that was used by the consorts, most of it were the eunuch and palace maids rooms. This young eunuch brought Shen Miao to a walk on the secluded area and after turning into a garden, one was facing an neglected garden, Shen Miao stopped and said, "This is not the direction to leave the Palace. Where are you bringing me to?" Her hands moved towards her bracelet. No one was more familiar than her on Ming Qi's palace and halls as she knew which direction to escape was the most advantages to her.

That young eunuch was startled and quickly whispered, "Gentleman Pei wants to see Young Lady."

Pei Lang? Shen Miao frowned slightly.