Chapter - 9

Author P.O.V

After finishing the dinner, Taehyung came back to his study while the others were watching T.V in the living room.

Soon a knock was heard on the door to which Taehyung replied with a 'come in'.

"Oh...Yoongi hyung. Where are the others?" Taehyung asked rummaging the papers he is currently working on.

"All of them were in the living room watching T.V. Sarah now seems more comfortable with everyone. Not gonna lie, she does bring out the kid in all of us" Yoongi spoke taking a seat infront of Taehyung, a wooden table separating them.

Taehyung gave out a proud smile.

"And about the info you asked me to find out about..." Yoongi stated to which Taehyung snapped his head towards him.

"I used all my connections and went as deep as possible" Yoongi started.

"And the final result?".

"Her mother is alive and is living safe and sound in Italy as you stated. There are even DNA reports confirming that Mrs. Park is Sarah's biological mother" Yoongi ended.

"Is that so? Am I reading too much into it?" Taehyung mumbled.

"Tae, why are you running a background check on Sarah?" Yoongi asked.

"It's nothing, hyung. Forget about it" Taehyung shrugged.

"Okay, then. We will leave to our houses now" Yoongi walked out receiving a nod from Taehyung.

Wrapping up the work which he was working on, Taehyung walked out of his study into the garden as usual to search for the ring. From the day when he heard from Mrs. Jang about the ring he started to search the whole mansion for it.

Not finding anything as usual, he started walking into the house just then he felt something under his flip-flops. Lifting his left leg up he saw a shiny item under. Taking it into his hands he realised it is a ring.

"I knew it!" he grinned.

Next Morning

Author P.O.V

"Ahjumma!!" Sarah ran down stairs squealing in joy.

Stopping by the kitchen she searched for Mrs. Jang.

"Where is Ahjumma?" she asked one of the maids.

"In the dining room, Ms. Park!" she replied politely.

Dashing towards the dining room, she slammed open the door startling everyone inside the room.

"That was scary!" Hoseok commented taking deep breaths.

Ignoring all of it she walked upright towards Mrs. Jang.

"It was you, right?" Sarah asked with her eyes shining with amusement.

"What was me?" Mrs. Jang frowned.

"Come on, quit the act! I know it's you!" she giggled in joy.

"Sarah dear, I am not following you. Can you be more specific?" Mrs. Jang asked.

"The ring which I lost! It was you who placed it in my room, right?" she said revealing the ring she found on her dressing table this morning.

"What?" Mrs. Jang furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Thank you so much for finding it for me. You don't know how grateful I am for you!" she pulled Mrs. Jang in bone-crashing hug.

"But—" Mrs. Jang was cut off.