Chapter - 2

Author P.O.V

After a very refreshing sleep Aera woke up and took a pleasing shower. As she walked downstairs, the smell of homemade Korean food hit her nostrils.

Walking into the kitchen she saw Sarah arranging the dining table.

"Woah, Eonnie!!" she exclaimed eyeing the table which was now filled with all the mouth-watering food.

"Good timing, Aera! Be seated" Sarah then disappeared into the kitchen and came back with two pairs of chopsticks.

Both of them sat on either side of the table facing each other.

"Eonnie, what is today's occasion? Is Tae oppa coming home?" Aera asked as her eyes lit up with excitement.

"No, he isn't. The occasion is you coming back!" Sarah patted her head across the table.

"Really? You are the best, Eonnie" Sarah giggled at her cuteness.

"Thanks for the food!" with that they both dig in and the dinner went on with their little catch up and lots of delicious food.

"That was one hella scrumptious meal I had in awhile. Tae oppa is so lucky. He gets to eat your food for lifetime" Aera pouted laying on the couch lazily.

"Now don't start with it. I am off to bed" Sarah got up from the couch.

"But I thought you are up for a movie night" Aera gave her best puppy eyes.

"Not gonna work this time sweetheart! I am super tired. So...good night" with that Sarah walked off to her room.

Aera, who is passionate about her movie night, selected the ongoing K-drama and started binge watching it.

Later at midnight

The person who is responsible for all the wicked things happening in the town stood in the shade waiting to reveal his face to the world. He slowly walked out of the darkness making his facial features to uncover one by one.

"Who are you?" Aera whispered eyeballing the television infront of her.

"Come on, show yourself!" she breathed out with restlessness increasing in her nerves.

Just when the person was about to reveal his full face everything went black.

"What happened?" Aera spoke out bewildered.

In a matter of seconds, she realized the reason behind it.

"It's a freaking power cut!" whining she fell back on to the couch.

"I was about to see his face. Ahhh....everything was ruined. I swear I am going to report this to the apartment community. How can----" she stopped talking when she remembered something.

"U-Eonnie!" switching on the flash light on her phone she ran upstairs to Sarah's room.

"Eonnie! Eonnie!" she banged on the door asking Sarah to open it but there is no response from the either side.

Quickly she dashed to the living room and collected the key of Sarah's room which was placed in a box on the kitchen island.

Slamming the door open, her eyes eagerly searched for Sarah. The darkness made it a bit difficult to find her but then she waved the flash light in front of her and saw that Sarah was on the floor, sobbing while hugging her knees.

"Eonnie! It's okay! It's okay! I am here" she engulfed Sarah in a warm hug.

"Eonnie, look at me! Open your eyes!" Aera patted her cheeks but Sarah was just sobbing with her eyes closed.