Chapter 150: Forcing a Marriage

Start from the beginning

Thinking of the possibility that Shen Miao might be together with Fu Xiu Yi, Shen Yue's heart was particularly troubled. She had even thought about the big fire in this ancestral hall, why had it not burn Shen Miao to death?

Just as she was thinking about it, she heard the movement of the door from the outside. Shen Yue thought it was Chen Rou Qiu who send people over to serve her food and went off in a fit of pique, "I do not want anything. Go out."

The sound still continued and Shen Yue said angrily, "Get lost!"

The door opened with a 'zi-ya' and a head emerged at the door. It was Shen Dong Ling.

Seeing Shen Dong Ling at the moment, Shen Yue was also surprised. Shen Dong Ling took a look outside before abruptly closing the doors again. She walked over to Shen Yue and after some thought, sat down on the floor and handed the basket over to Shen Yue before saying lightly, "The old women outside guarding went to drink so I sneaked in. Knowing that you have not eating for a day and fearing that you are hungry, I have brought you food. Second Older Sister, you must not make much noise."

Shen Yue was slightly startled and saw that Shen Dong Ling had already opened the bamboo basket and took out plates of snacks.

Although Shen Yue treated Shen Dong Ling just for show on normal days, at the moment she was touched. Thinking that she had not eaten for a day and Chen Rou Qiu and Shen Wan did not care or paid any attention, but it was the Shu Younger Sister with lukewarm relations that remembered. Immediately, her facial expression towards Shen Dong Ling got much warmer. It was just that she could not eat those snacks no matter what.

She said, "Do not waste your effort. I just cannot eat it."

Shen Dong Ling looked at her, "Why is Second Older Sister unwilling to marry to Gentleman Wang? Gentleman Wang is a good person. One heard that his family background is excellent and if Second Older Sister go over, then it would be the fortune of a family matriarch. Is it because one do not want to leave the Shen family?"

Shen Yue took a glance at Shen Dong Ling. Most probably it was because Shen Dong Ling stayed in the residence all day and did not go out, so even though she was around the same age as Shen Yue, she still have the innocence of a child on the surface. Shen Yue's heart was at one side despising and at the other side envious. She despised Shen Dong Ling's view of the sky from the bottom of the well and not knowing that there were people beyond people, and Heavens belong Heavens and just a Wang Bi could not move her. At the other end she was envious of Shen Dong Ling's simple thoughts as she was more relaxed and happy. Seeing Shen Dong Ling's appearance, Shen Yue had an impulse to pour out what was on her mind and she smiled bitterly, "What does it got to do with me if he is a good person or not? After all he is not that person in my heart."

Shen Dong Ling thought for a while before she understood something in a flash, "Could it be that... There is someone in Second Older Sister's heart?"

"So what if there is? So what if there is not?" Shen Yue smiled bitterly, "Who let me be born in the Shen family, where I have no power to choose my future husband. Father and Mother only care about career prospects and do not even care about how I think. Sometimes one feels that it is better off being dead."

Shen Dong Ling jumped in shock and quickly waved her hands, "Second Older Sister must not think like this. One have to know that in all matters of this world, it is the easiest to die but there is nothing if one dies. Why Second Old Sister not change the mindset? One knows that the Wang family is a good family so Third Shu and Third Shen would not harm you after all. Perhaps that Gentleman Wang is also the ideal person in many young females' hearts and many Young Ladies are envious of Second Older Sister's fortune. Take me for example, if I could be married into the Wang family, one fear that my YiNiang would go to the temple everyday to thank Buddha for giving me such a good marriage like this."