Marcie bit her lip as Abraham set out a map on the hood of the van, the men gathering around it. They began planning out their trip, pointing out the different, small county roads that would most likely be free and get them to their destination.

There was a small, five letter word that sat on that map, where Rick's fingers passed over multiple times.

Marcie's mind went back to the bag of guns, the ammo and the weapons that was buried in her back yard,

The brunette looked over at Rick, "We anywhere near Helen?"

"What's there?" Abraham asked, staring down at her,

"Guns. Ammo." She answered him, turning her gaze back to Rick's, "And lots of it."

Their leader nodded, "Yeah, yeah, I think we can make a detour."

Her heart started beating faster. She was going home, after a long year and a half.

She sat in the passenger seat of the white van while Rick drove. Daryl, Carol, Sasha, Tyreese, and Vivian were in the back with the kids while everyone else was in the other truck.

She wanted to keep an eye on Daryl, but he was sitting in the back corner, and turning to look at him would be too obvious.

Marcie didn't want him to pull away. Like her, he was prone to blaming himself when people died. She was worried that Beth would've been the final straw for him.

She continued to stare out the window, matching the familiar street signs to her childhood memories.

It took nearly a day to reach Helen.

Rick pulled up to the dark blue house, parking in the street. While he was searching for rotters in the area, Marcie stared up at her home.

She never really had the desire to come back, not after figuring out her parents weren't there, but if they were leaving the state, it would be her last chance to get the guns she buried there.

Once the coast was clear, everyone got out. Vivian stayed behind with Liam and Judith, along with Maggie who wasn't motivated to move from her spot in the truck.

They cleared Marcie's house first, everyone setting up camp for the night. Out of respect, Marcie asked that no one used her parents' bedroom. They all agreed, and Vivian brought the kids inside. Marcie let them take the guest bedroom, and the others let her have her bedroom.

The sun was setting as Marcie led Rick, Abraham, and Tyreese went into the neighbours backyard, where Marcie had buried the bag.

She came to a stop, staring up at the large oak tree. The leaves had fallen, littering the ground around them.

"Here." Marcie pointed at the base of the tree.

Tyreese and Abraham began digging and Rick kept watch. Marcie glanced back at her neighbours house, wondering if his rotting corpse was still inside.

After making sure the boys were okay, she headed towards the house, her hand reaching for her knife.

Rick watched her go, not voicing his questions about where she was going.

Marcie made it to the back door and opened it without caution. Either there was one rotter in here, or someone came in and already took him out.

The smell was worse than before.

Marcie used her shirt to try and block out the smell, but it was no use. She tried her best not to make a noise as she walked through the house,

The sound of groaning and clawing caught her attention.

The familiar walker rounded the corner from the front door, and reached out for her. She waited for it to get closer before she put him down,

"Sorry I couldn't do this before." She told her neighbour as she cleaner her knife on her jeans.

By the time she got back to Rick and the others, they had finished digging up the bag and they were now going through it,

"Where'd you go?" Rick asked as Abraham zipped the bag up and placed it over his shoulder,

"Had to go take care of something." She told him,

He patted her back as they headed back to her house, where most of them were gathered in the living room. Rick began to show them the guns, while Marcie went up to her room,

It had gotten dark outside as Marcie sat on her bed, leaning against the headrest. Her old teddy bear was in her lap and she played with the fraying fabric.

She heard footsteps coming up the stairs, pausing outside her door. The door opened slowly, and she expected to see Rick or Michonne.

Instead, Daryl stood in the doorway.

"My mom doesn't let me have boys in my room." She mumbled lightheartedly as he walked in, closing the door behind him,

He was silent as he walked over to the bed and sat down near the foot of it. They sat in the silence for only a moment before Marcie set her teddy bear down and shifted over to sit behind him,

"We never got to talk about what happened in Atlanta."

"Don' wanna.... not yet." Daryl mumbled,

She nodded, even though her couldn't see her. Marcie shuffled even closer, gently running her fingers over his shoulders. He leaned back, his head resting against her chest.

He didn't need to tell her how he felt. She knew.

Marcie ran her fingers through his hair, trying to bring him some comfort. She kissed the top of his head, she needed him to know that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

She let Daryl lay against her for a few more minutes before he sat up, untying his laces and removing his boots. Marcie moved to stand off the bed, shedding her jacket as Daryl laid down, getting comfy against the pillows.

His eyes widened slightly as Marcie stripped off her jeans and she approached the bed. She swung her leg around to straddle Daryl's thighs.

She cupped his face before bringing her lips to his. He reciprocated quickly, grabbing her hips and rocking her slightly on his denim-clad legs. Marcie moaned into his mouth, pressing herself up against him harder.

Marcie pulled away to let air back into her lungs and Daryl began to pay attention to her neck. He only separated from her skin when Marcie began to drag her t-shirt from her torso.

She dropped it onto the floor before leaning down to kiss him gently.

He placed his hands on her waist, his thumb pressing against her scar she received at the farm which seemed so long ago.

"I love you." She whispered against his lips.

Marcie knew he needed more than words. He needed actions.

She reached down and began to unbuckle his belt. Daryl pushed her hair over her shoulder and dragged the straps of her bra down her arms, "Yer sure?" He asked, pulling away from her to look into her dark brown eyes.

"Always."