Chapter 93 - Threat (3)

Start from the beginning

“Shit, I will save it.”

He was determined to revive ‘The Island of the Missing’.

The next morning, the 24th.

Near Netflix, in the recording studio. The ‘Male Friend’ team gathered in the studio where Kang Woojin’s insane singing skills had been showcased. However, the actors were absent. There were roughly ten people present. The music director sat in front of the recording equipment with dark circles under his eyes, and Director Shin Dong-chun.

“I will play them in order. Woojin’s solo, Hwalin’s solo, and the duet.”

Executive Director Kim So-hyang with her arms crossed, writer Choi Na-na looking nervously excited, the production company staff, etc. All of the key production staff of ‘Male Friend’ were gathered.

-Whoosh.

The music director manipulated the device, and the first song resonated throughout the studio.

-♬♪

The tone was somber yet melodic. Somehow, it felt like any man or woman, when paired with this song, could create drama? Soon, starting with Kim So-hyang, who was stroking her chin, feedback poured out.

“It’s good…right? Really good. It doesn’t feel seasonal, either.”

“These are just the rough lyrics attached by the composer now, right? Ah- it’s so smooth on the ears, feels like a hit?”

“Wow! I think it will really suit Woojin!”

“Right? When Woojin sings, there’s a slightly muffled voice, which will be perfect.”

“Who’s the composer?”

The reactions were positive. Thanks to that, Director Shin Dong-chun, who had been pulling all-nighters for days, smiled faintly.

“I’m glad. I’ll tell you the detailed information after we listen to everything. Next is Hwalin’s song.”

The song quickly changed. This time it was a bit bouncier.

-♬♪

The tempo was slightly fast, with the violin joining in after the playful rhythm. Indeed, people seemed to enjoy this track too, judging by their positive reactions.

“Ms. Hwalin’s character really matches well with this!”

“It’s cute and then it takes a sharp turn in the latter part. So addictive-”

Then, finally.

It was the duet song that could arguably be considered the main track of the OST, and everyone’s eyes slightly widened as they listened to the flowing melody. Interestingly, the reaction was not as strong compared to the solo tracks. It wasn’t because it was bad.

It was because it was the most distinct.

“······Oh.”

A silent exclamation of admiration. From here.

-♬♪

As they listened to the duet, everyone began to imagine. How would it sound with Kang Woojin and Hwalin’s voices? Of course, it was just everyone’s individual imaginations, but they all firmly believed one thing.

‘They would really go well together, wouldn’t they?’

That the chemistry between Kang Woojin and Hwalin, the harmony with ‘Male Friend’, would be absolutely breathtaking. Thus, everyone was immersed until the song ended. A moment of silence. The silence was broken by Director Shin Dong-chun, the overall director.