28. Secrets

**This chapter contains mature subject matter.**

GONE - NF ft

GONE - NF ft. Julia Michaels
🎵

"Mom?"

She quickly vanished as soon as I blinked. I ran out from the bathroom back into my room and nothing.

She was gone.

"Athena?"

I turned and tripped back slightly as she was now in front of me. So close I could reach out and touch her. Did I want to? I wasn't sure. I wasn't even sure I was awake right now.

"Mom?"

"Hi baby."

Tears fell down my face as I backed up slowly til my back met the wall. My hands shook as I remained locked against it, trying to remember to breathe. She was so beautiful, her eyes were shining a perfect shade of brown, as her auburn hair laid gently over her small shoulders. Wearing a white satin gown that fell against her small stature.

"What are you doing here?" I managed to choke out.

"My sweet babygirl, I missed you so much. I'm sorry to startle you, I know it's been really tough for you without us, without Julia."

I gasped as I reached up my arm to wipe my free falling tears, not doing my face any justice as they continued to flood down my skin and onto my t shirt.

"You don't have to say anything to me, I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and that I'm sorry that you have been alone. You never should've been, and I wish I could've been there for you."

"I-it's not your f-fault." I stuttered out, swallowing my sadness, pushing all my feelings way for this moment. I didn't want to lose her again. Not until I talked to her more.

"I know, but baby you have to keep being strong. You must not give up now, promise me?"

I nodded, "I promise."

"C-can I h-hug you?" I choked out, my hands aching to reach out.

She walked slowly towards me, almost floating and smiled stopping right in front of me now. Nodding softly as she reached out her hand to me.

I met her hand as her cold as ice skin touched mine, giving me goosebumps all over. She brought me to a hug as I melted into her. I thought she'd feel foreign to me, a stranger. But she didn't, we embraced each other and for a moment I felt at peace, like I was home again.

My tears never stopped as I held tight to her as she slowly rocked me back and forth, rubbing her fingers down my long hair. "God I missed you." She said in what felt like a whisper onto me.

"Me too."

"Athena? My sweet girl I need to show you something, it's another reason I am here. Can I?"