11. It's not you, It's me

**Trigger Warning**
This chapter contains mature subject matter.
⚠️

Bitter Pill - Christian Kuria🎶

🎶

The wind hit my cheeks and stung my skin as my tears dried.
"I'm a monster, a fucking monster." I whispered, sitting on the cold rocks.
I looked down at my dirty and frail fingers, rubbing them together as the blood slowly dried. "I didn't mean to do it, god I didn't mean to." I began to sob again.
"She was so beautiful, how could I."
I got off the rock, tears falling as I collapsed in the dark sand, moonlight hitting my skin and mirroring my scars back to me.
"Athena, how could you!" I heard, as a woman cried around me.
"How could you!"
I squeezed my eyes tight as I brought my hands deeper Into the sharp ground, burying them until they bled again.
"I told you! How could you!"
I brought my head down almost to the ground as I cried out louder. "I'm sorry! I'm fucking sorry!"
Silence filled the air around me now as water slowly crept up and filled the small holes I had dug.
It was a voice I've heard before, many times before. The voice of the woman that haunted me and would continue to haunt me, until I was punished enough.
Julia's

I suddenly woke up gasping for air, as I tried to catch my breath. I held my clenched fist to my chest as I laid there sticking to the sheets in my cold sweat.
I suddenly felt a warm arm wrap around my waist and pull me towards him. "Bad dream?" He whispered as he placed a kiss to my back. "Mhm." I said as I leaned into his touch and brought his hand up to my chest. "Sorry if I woke you." I said as I instantly started to calm down. "You didn't, just try to go back to sleep love." He said as he inhaled my scent and moaned out relaxing back to sleep.

"Love."

I didn't correct him, but hearing that out of nowhere hit me in the gut. I ignored it and tried to fall back to sleep, but couldn't. Feeling him wrapped around me was nice and made me feel safe, but I couldn't help but miss Jimin. How his arms felt around me were so different, it was like home to me. I missed his scent and the way his skin felt on mine. I shouldn't be laying here and thinking about him, but after the bar everything came flooding back to my mind again.

Seeing him show up with that red head, ignited me. I guess it worked, whatever he was trying to do. He came to pick a fight that night, with either one of us I'm sure, not like we didn't deserve it.

Was he moving on? Was he doing it to make me jealous? Out of spite? I guess none of it mattered anymore. I was gone out of his life for good, he made that very clear.

Maybe J.K was right, he really did want to go lower.

I shook my head and shut my eyes as I cozied up to his body on mine and slowly felt myself falling back to sleep.