I sighed again and walked back and sat down on another couch. I sat there silently and watched Amayra.

"Abhimanyu? You're here," I heard Rishabh's hoarse voice.

I hummed in reply and looked at him. He was looking sleepy and tired. Everyone takes turns with staying at the hospital and looking after Amayra. Who knows if she wakes up and searches for anyone.

Rishabh's been looking after Amayra a lot nowadays. He's really concerned and by the looks of it, I guess they were pretty close and Amayra was comfortable with him. I guess it's good; Rishabh and Arhaan are the only responsible ones. The rest of them are goofy and jumpy all the times, even Vihaan. That guy's a doctor and still so childish. I wonder how Shikha tolerates his antics. I would have thrown him straight into the trashcan.

The twins, Sameer, Kabir, Vivaan and Aarav weren't allowed to stay their nights here considering they have to go study but Aarav and Vivaan stubbornly did. There was this guilt on their faces which made me highly suspicious. I never asked them though, I'll ask Amayra myself. I'm not going to hear them in case they sugarcoat things.

"Do you think she'll be alright when she wakes up," I ask Rishabh.

Rishabh nodded, "I don't think so, but we need to make her. I'm sure if we give her what she wants, she'll heal."

I raised my eyebrow, "What does she want, Rishabh?"

"She needs love Abhimanyu, she needs comfort. If you want to heal her, we need to make her feel like a child. We need to give her the childhood she never had," Rishabh replied calmly.

There was one thing about him that I had always admired. The ability to be calm and think rationally in every situation.

"Can I ask you something," Rishabh asks.

I nodded, "Yes?"

"What did you do to her," he asked again.

"Who?" I asked him.

"My...mother," he said frowning at the word.

I sighed deeply, "She's alive."

His head snapped up as he looked at me wide eyed, "What?! But why?"

I raised my eyebrows, "You want her dead?"

"No, it's not like that. It's just, I didn't think you'd leave her," he muttered.

"She's facing her punishment legally. I don't want to do anything with her," I said curtly.

"You're doing it for Dad aren't you?" He said instead.

I pursed my lips but didn't reply.

Uncle Mihir loved that woman. He was heartbroken at her betrayal. I don't think it's good to punish that estranged woman, it would only upset my uncle and cousins further.

Rishabh gave me a knowing look which I ignored.

"How's Vivaan?" I asked.

"He's guilty. I don't exactly know what he did, but Amayra was crying because of him and Aarav," Rishabh admitted truthfully.

My expression turned grim at that. If it's because of these two that pushed Amayra's state, we're going to have serious problems.