Chapter Forty-Nine: Death is only the beginning

Michael

My spirit is hanging over what used to be my body but is now dust. I dust off my T-shirt. I watch as Xirasti becomes distraught over my death. I try to reach my hand for her but it goes right through her. If I wasn't already dead seeing her like this would kill me outright. The look on Uriel's face says he was sad that I died. Lucifer doesn't even blink an eye. Was I really that horrible? I say out loud.

"Oh, you really are that horrible." I hear a raspy female voice say. Fuck.

"Oh, Keres! Nice to see you here. My you've grown. Came to reap me I see." I glower. Of course she would I'm powerful and she craves power.

Her brown eyes look through me and pin me in place.

"Where is my sickle, Michael?"

"Oh, you didn't get that back yet?" I say surprised. I'm not surprised I kept it in case we needed to rebind Lucifer.

"Do you remember when I used to give you piggyback rides?" I say fake laughing. Distracting her.

I watch as she starts to remember. "Yes, I remember." She shrugs her shoulder as if to say so what.

"Okay, let's make a bargain," I say going to try to convince her.

Her eyebrows shoot up.

"I will tell you where your sickle is and I can tell you a way you can reap Lucifer. If you don't take me to purgatory and get me my body back."

I see her eyes gleam for a moment and then it's gone. "I don't trust you. Not to mention your body is dust." She says and waits for me to say more.

"I know you know a powerful necromancer. Shall I sign the deal in blood?"

"You no longer have blood."

"Okay, then I guess I'll spend forever in purgatory and you will never know how to reap him," I say sighing dramatically.

"Lucifer can't be reaped, he's immortal he can't be killed."

"I beg to differ," I say sounding confident.

She sighs. "Fine! It's a deal." A reaper making a death deal it can't be broken.

"First where's my sickle?"

I look at her deadpan. "It's in the river Styx."

"What?" She yells. If her eyes could turn red they just would of. "What part of the river? It's huge!"

"It's in the most northern part near the demons being buried alive area. A favorite area of mine in hell."

She looks at me like I'm deranged. "Lovely and how do I reap Lucifer?"

"Easy you just need to get Raidian from Xirasti. Raidian can kill him. Don't hurt her. All you need to do is touch the tattoo with intent to take it." Hopefully, she will be healed by that time. Keres does have to take time getting me my body. So that's time in between. I'm going to find a way to keep Raidian deactivated after I use him to kill Lucifer. I hate Lucifer. Now I just got to do what I could to get back to her. My little sassybottom.

'How do you know this?" She asks disbelieving.

"He just killed me in a blink of an eye. Turned me into powder. Not even Lucifer can regenerate from that." I feel my grin widen.

I watch as she bends over and gathers what's left of me into a baggie. "Careful with that I'm precious cargo."

She rolls her eyes at me presses a ring on her finger and then we are gone from hell.

Xirasti will be mine even if I need to start the apocalypse to prove it. Me and Lucifer battle to the death. To the victor go the spoils. Everyone knows I will win.