Chapter Forty-Eight: The battle

Sam

I look to Raidian. "I need to heal her. She can't be interrupted. Bring her over here so she will be away from the battle." So I do as he asks. The first person through the heaven portal is Uriel. Uriel goes to rush over to her but I go to stop him. Uriel just looks at me with a glare. Uriel's current face is serious just like the one he gets when he is determined. I go to step aside to let Uriel pass. Uriel turns to me and slaps something on my arm. A bright blue tattoo shows up on my arm. Uriel's letting me use Isadora. My eyes tear. 

"May we fight as one in this battle lightbringer." I hear Isadora say inside my head. 

"I am honored Isadora thank you," I tell her in return. I turn to look and Uriel has Xirati's head on his lap. Cupid is kneeling on her side and Caliel is kneeling right next to him. I look at Asmodeus and he is in full demon form. The rest of the seven are in there too. I open my wings and they span out far. Pure white angel wings.

Angel guards start flooding out of the portal. The demon ranks are in formation in front of the portal and are ready to strike on my mark. Then coming through the portal is Michael he looks smug and overconfident. I draw Isadora out through my wrist. The blue flamed rapier. It's more lightweight than Raidian but just as impressive. She burns far a lot hotter than Emberous. Emberous packs the harder hit though if he makes contact. Once Michael lays his eyes on me I do a quick flourish with Isadora to show off and let him know my brother had my back not his.

Michael flies over to me and stops twenty feet away takes Emberous from out of his wrist and draws the whole two-handed sword. Michael spreads out his wings as far they can go. Michael's wings are white except neon orange at the tips. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Asmodeus pull out his two-handed sword it's inflamed with green hell fire. An angel descends and launches itself at Asmodeus. Asmodeus's black wings extend and he parries the angel's weapon and pushes him back and they fly to the sky. I signal for my demon army to attack. I hear Aiden calling the orders.

In the next second Michael charges at me but I teleport behind him and thrust Isadora into his back going for organs. I use one of Isadora's special attacks and I encompass Michael in blue flame. Michael can heal through it but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt like hell. Michael's sword has the same attack except it's puny and basically tickles compared to Isadora's. Michael's looking at me out the periphery of his left eye. So I teleport to his right and use Isadora's frenzied attack and thrust his side fast with twenty quick hits then teleport twenty feet away. His whole ride side is shredded.

I stick the rapier out in front of me in a straight line with one foot forward and the other one planted behind. Then with my other hand make a gesture for him to come to me. Michael charges me and swings his sword up above his head. I teleport behind him he knew I was going to so he swings his sword in an arc and I am already in front of him thrusting into him with a hundred attacks. Then I teleport away twenty feet. Michael grimaces at me. "It's sad you have to use cheap tactics to fight me, brother," Michael says brother with disdain.

"But Michael you are the strongest," I say with sarcasm. "I gotta do something to make us even." I mock him. Michael charges me again and I teleport at the last second and thrust Isadora straight into his eye. Then teleport away. Michael cries out. Then lets out a roar of fury. Michael spins his weapon fast and in a circle so a tornado appears at his feet and it's sucking me into him. His blade still swinging around fast so it will slice right into me when I get close enough. I duck low teleport behind him and trust up and stick Isadora in the ass cheek. Then I hop back and teleport away. Michael grips his hand and touches his ass and winces. I laugh at him. Michael's going to overtake me eventually and get the upper hand he is an exceptional fighter. Michael looks out of the corner of his eye and sees Xirasti his eyes go soft.