Chapter Forty: More Bones

Eventually, I start to feel my eyes heavy so I rest them. Sooner than I realize I'm fast asleep. I wake to Sam talking to someone. "The second bones are in a type of underground mausoleum. It's like a maze it's pretty big." I lift my head to see it, Krista. I turn over and Asmodeus is right there watching me. I notice his shirt is still off so I trail my eyes all over his chest and then back to his face. 

"Oh, little minx. You checking me out?" He says like the first time we met. I blush then shrug one shoulder. He pokes me in the side and I squirm. Then I reach under the sheet and heal my ribs because I forgot and don't want to hurt his feelings. I start coughing. I sit up because it's uncomfortable. He sits up immediately and rubs my back. The conversation has stopped and Sam is now looking over at me.

"This mausoleum sounds cool. When are we going? I can be ready in a few minutes." I say eager. Asmodeus flops back quickly onto the bed.

"Your penchant for the love of danger terrifies me. What if Michael's there? What you want to lose arms this time?" He says voice rising in pitch. "Or maybe this time he'll pull your head off." He says over exaggerating. I lay back and put my arm over him. "You're being over dramatic," I say as I look into his eyes. He narrows his eyes at me. I'd kiss him on the lips right now if I could. Just to shut his brain off from worrying. He looks at me with both eyebrows raised to the ceiling. Just cause I wanted to doesn't ever mean I would. I give him a blank face back as if to act as if I don't know why he is looking at me as he is. I raise one eyebrow like he's looking at me crazy. He sits up and comes close to my face. I put my palm over his face and pushed him back down on the bed. Then I stand up. I teleport me and Sam into the bathroom then push him up against the wall. He looks at me wary. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I say looking hurt.

"Are you sure it's me you want to be kissing?" He asks averting his eyes. I feel my jaw tick and he looks back at me seeing I'm mad.

"I remember once you said to me, that I had chemistry with Asmodeus and I should move on," I say giving him a blank stare.

"I was an idiot I didn't mean that. I was under pressure. What I was doing is important." He says back peddling.

"You still said it. Your right me and Asmodeus do have chemistry." I say and he looks at me biting his cheek. "With chemistry either you get an explosion or containments. It is all contained." I say with reassurance and honesty. "I want you," I say looking into his eyes with all the love and honesty that I can. I watch as his eyes go from nervous to soft.

"What if I said I'd let you kiss Asmodeus." He asks me gauging my reaction. I feel a shiver go through me. I could tell he felt it and his eyes looked at me like he was starving and I was the only thing that could fulfill him.

"I'd say it needs to be something you want. I only want it if you want it to." I say with honesty again.

"What if I said I didn't want you to touch Asmodeus again or play with him like you do." He says looking at me with hard eyes. I falter and can feel the panic coming over me. I swallow hard and he sees it.

"Then that's what I'd do. If it makes you happy. I'd do that." I say with honesty. Because it is. I want him. He looks as if I gave him some sort of relief. He pulls me close to his chest and tightens his grip on me. Then he puts his lips on my forehead then kisses me. The next thing I know is he teleports in Asmodeus in front of me and Sam is close but off to the side. I look at Sam unsure as if asking what to do. He nods his head up to Asmodeus. Asmodeus is looking at us both like we are crazy. I side-eye Sam as I reach up and then put my lips onto Asmodeus's lips. Asmodeus freezes in place. Unmoving. Not breathing. I think maybe it's not what he thought it was but then he's hugging me so tight to him it's possibly cutting off circulation in many areas.