Chapter Twenty-Five: Belphegor

Sam teleports us to the hunting grounds. I wait for my eyes for my eyes to adjust. My eyes are always blurry after teleporting.

Once my vision rightens I take in the area. The dark brown rock faces surround a U-shaped area. Lava falls off the top of the highest rock cliff. It runs into a tiny lava pool that expands into small lava rivers. Stalagmites protrude from the cave ceiling. In the center of the area is a rectangular glowing screen which is the portal. Underneath the portal is lush green grass spreading through to other parts of the rocky ground. The portal shows a large field that leads off into forests on its side. The whole area has a creepy gray color to it almost like it's an old black-and-white movie. The whole area is also raining blood. The red stands out in stark contrast from the gray.

"I hope you're as good at running as you're magic," Sam says his face impassive.

"I can just fly." I point to my back.

"Yes, she can just fly," Asmodeus says grinning because he's a pervert and knows I would need to undress.

I begin walking towards the portal.

"Wait!" Sam says before he pulls me back and I step onto the grass. I shake his hand off and feel no emotion at all.

"Be careful," Sam says simply.

"Why?" I turned back to the portal. "It's just a hunting ground right?" I say like I even know what a hunting ground is.

He shook my head at me. "That's not just a hunting ground that's the portal to purgatory."

"What?" That is all I say through gritted teeth.

"You can't use your magic or abilities in there either or fly," Sam states.

My mouth hangs open not knowing what to say to that. "If Belphegor can get in there then so can you Asmodeus," I say pissed.

"I won't," Asmodeus says looking at the portal in horror. I look at him like he's a traitor.

"Why is it called the hunting grounds then?" I know nothing about Purgatory so it strikes me as odd for it to have such a nickname.

"Because once you go in there you'll be prey. There is a race called the Vlusary. Once they spot you they become your worst fear and then they hunt you with it."

"You want me to go in there." I point to the portal behind me. "By myself when I don't know what Belphegor even looks like."

I continued. "All while something pursuit's met as well as not even knowing what it will be?" He nods his head. "What if I can't find the portal again? How are we going to get back through?"

He hands me a rock. "The closer you get to me the brighter the rock will glow. The closer you know the portal will be."

The look on my face says I want to throw the rock off the cliff into oblivion.

"As for getting out of the portal neither of you don't belong there so the portal will just let you out."

"That's all well and fine but how do I locate Belphegor? The place is huge."

"That's simple." He says. "Look for the gigantic T-rex."

I laugh at the absurdity of it. "Are you serious?" I ask disbelieving. He just stares at me. "An arch demon, scared of a dinosaur?"

"He got eaten by one. He had a hell of a time clawing his way out of it." Asmodeus says snickering.

"Right," I say let the t trail off. "Well, it's nice to know neither one of you cares if I die. Sacrificed again."