Chapter Eight: Trial One

As on time Sam teleports me to the throne room. Once here I can feel his eyes on me the whole time. I look down I'm wearing black sweatpants and a white half-shirt. It's very comfortable.

He taps the space next to him on the throne so we share the same seat. I look him over and he is wearing a black t-shirt that conforms to his body and a pair of ashen-fitted black jeans. No socks or sneakers. I look at his face and that stubborn piece of hair is still resting on his face. I want to touch it. I see him watching my face and the barest of smiles showing on his face. He knew what I was thinking even without being able to read my thoughts. As I sit down his hand is resting and gripping the seat of the chair. There's only so much room so when I sit his pinky brushes my whole thigh when I sit back. I check his lust levels and it's high again but so is his wrath. I look forward and cross my feet at the ankles.

The room is dim with the throne in the middle and a chair on either side of it. Below the stairs leading down from the throne each member of the seven in a half circle each in different torture devices. Behind them are tons of empty chairs. The ceiling is full of chandeliers with candles glinting. I slide my hand down the arm of the throne which is made of black velvet. The structure of the chair is made out of strong wood. The walls are a dark purple velvet and when the candlelight hits them it shimmers.

"Thorne. Where did you put my soul?"

"Which one, in particular, are you talking about?"

"Don't test my patience. Where is MY soul?" Sam emphasizes the word my even when keeping a calm voice.

I watch a ray of light go from Sam's hand straight in a path to Thorne's finger. It falls to the ground. I close my eyes.

"Oh, that one," Thorne says while he grits his teeth flippantly. "It was so long ago, I've forgotten by now."

I close my eyes.

I tense in my seat waiting for the screams or torture to happen. The throne creaks and I hear Sam say "Open your eyes." Then he turns my head toward Thorne. "If you only knew the disgusting things he thought about doing to you, you would thank me." I look into Sam's eyes which are looking at me in anger. "Oh please, like you didn't think them too," Thorne says. He ignores him "You saw what they did to me and they stole from me. So why do you look away? They deserve this punishment."

"They do deserve everything they get. You're right but that doesn't mean I have to watch it. Thorne has helped me out over the years. He's the closest I've ever known to family. Even if he does like me in a way I don't care for. He has always been kind. He's a demon...not here for being a saint."

'You're a demon... you're pretty much a saint. He says seriously looking me in the eyes.

"I'm a pure-blooded demon. I was born here with an uncorrupted soul. Which is why I believe I can go to heaven. Demon and all." He knows all this though. Which means he wanted the discussion out loud for some reason.

As I say all of this his eyes start to narrow.

"Heaven." He spit's. "You won't ever be going. You're mine." I search both of his eyes he means it. I swallow hard look straight ahead and bite the inside of my cheek. If only he meant as his, not as in I'm hells.

"I'm yours now huh?" I give him a goofy grin to mess with him.

He looks stunned for a second and then his face goes into a scowl and then he turns his attention back to the seven. I hoped for a different reaction out of him but I know him so well I expected the scowl. Either way, I'm still grinning.

"Bancroft, how did you and the rest of the seven, block your thoughts and memories from me?"

"Wha--What? We did? No one tells me anything. I had no part in such plans." He says nervously.