Chapter Forty-Six: Heaven's Gate

I wake up and I groan. I open my eyes and look at Sam and he is grinning a huge thousand-watt smile. I smile back because I love seeing him this happy.

"How ya feeling little minx?" Asmodeus says. I look over to Asmodeus and he has a big smile on his face too.

"Fine," I say but it comes out hoarse from all the screaming and moaning I was doing. They laugh. I scowl. I go to roll off the bed and I wince because I'm so sore. I stand up and I'm sticky everywhere. "Sam," I say croaky. "Come clean me." That is all I say then walk to the bathroom walking funny.

"Yes, my queen," Sam says while he and Asmodeus cackle. Men. I have Sam clean me up wash me all over and wash my hair. I get dressed in sweatpants and a big T-shirt because it's one of those types of days. Sam teleports us to the council room. Sam sits in his seat and I follow him and sit in his lap. Sam is surprised I sat with him but he looks ecstatic about it. I try to get comfortable and I wince and he is smiling so huge it looks like it hurts. Sam's eyes are gleaming. With all those orgasms he better be happy. Sam's touching me all over his hand rubbing up and down my inner thigh. I cling to him and touch his face and the hair that falls into his eye. Sam brings my mouth to him and we kiss long and slow. Sam leans in and whispers in my ear 

"You want more don't you?" Sam asks astonished. I look at him with innocent eyes and nod yes. Sam looks over my face. "You're killing me," Sam says looking pained. "This is going to be a quick meeting." Sam looks at me all over. "Very quick meeting," Sam says his eyes smoldering.

"How can you guys even be thinking about doing it again? We heard you all night long." Aiden says bitter and impressed. I blush and then hide behind my shirt. Aiden looks at me hiding behind my shirt and his face makes an expression of how he finds me adorable.

I look at Sam and his jaw is ticked. "Again I can see what you're thinking. Wait just how long were you there yesterday? You perv!" Sam says trying to get up to go after Aiden. Aiden jumps away from him and hides behind Leviathan. "I'm going to kill you Aiden. Slow and agonizingly." Aiden puts his hands up as if he surrenders.

"So what's the meeting about," I say rolling my eyes.

"I want to open the portal," Sam says excitedly.

"We can do it now if you want," I say wanting to make him happy.

Sam looks at me gauging what I'm thinking. "Okay," Sam says then stands and takes my hand. Sam teleports all of us into the center of the courtyard. Sam teleports and puts all the artifacts aligned in the right places. Sam looks them over and makes sure they're right. "What is this part?" he says asking Asmodeus. Asmodeus shakes his head like he doesn't know. Then he comes to me and shows it.

"That's a powerful spell. It needs to be cast for around..." I look at the parchment closer. "Thirty minutes. You need a powerful mage to do it." Sam looks at me and then runs his fingers through his hair. "Says here the person channeling needs to have a good heart and clear mind." I look at him and wait and see what he wants to do.

"How strong is the spell?" Sam asks wanting specifics. "A max-power spell. You're opening a portal to connect two separate planes.

"One of them heaven it's going to take a lot of power to do that. I can do it." I say throw it out there.

"No!" Sam yells harshly. "No. I won't let that happen. Don't speak of it again." Sam says with finality. Sam turns around and I fold up and pocket the spell. Asmodeus saw me. I give him a stare-off.

"Me and Xirasti are going to go for a walk," Asmodeus says to Sam. I don't think Sam heard him. Asmodeus walks out quickly not waiting for me. "I won't let you do it," Asmodeus says pissed.

"Then what was everything for? Why did we go through all that if we just stopped here? What was the point?" I say back just as pissed.

"There are workarounds we will find one without risking you," Asmodeus says trying to relax me.

"Once the spell is started it can't be stopped you'll ruin the objects," I say making sure he knows. Because I am opening the portal. Sam constantly has me with him. I don't know how I'm going to be without him for thirty or so minutes. I open the parchment and look at the spell. All I have to do is spread out my soul's essence among all the objects for thirty minutes. I need to keep my head clear. With my soul being damaged I have to use some of Sam's and mine combined soul to give it extra power. The piece of soul I have left can do the spell.

Asmodeus is watching me intently. I wave my hand for Asmodeus to go ahead and I follow him. Sam is running his fingers through his hair. As soon as they are distracted I walk over to the artifacts. I begin casting the spell. The artifacts and I start floating into the air. I hear Sam's screams from the background and Asmodeus telling him about how the artifacts will break.

I spread my soul essence out surrounding the artifacts and the bones. The bones are causing a glow cast into a beam up to the ceiling. The arc's golden lid is shining so bright it hurts the eyes. I begin to channel. At times when I feel my essence is slipping I put a small burst of Sam's combined soul into the essence.

I feel the blood rushing out my nose. I don't focus on that though. I focus on channeling and the soul essence. I keep all the artifacts in my mind like I'm protecting them with a shield. I start to feel blood seeping out of my eyes. My nose is running blood now. I start coughing and blood comes up my essence almost falters but I send another pulse through with the soul tied. Blood is now coming out of my ears. I cough for what feels like minutes. I give more pulses and the channel hasn't been interrupted. At this point, I'm bleeding out of my nose, ears, mouth, and eyes a great amount. I can feel my face covered. I check the artifacts and some are getting weak so I use the soul tied for another pulse of power. All the artifacts are starting to glow now. The essence is getting weak and almost gone. So I do one last huge burst. Then the portal opens. I drop to the ground. I try to lean up to get up but I fall back to the ground. I can't stop coughing. Sam runs over to me and picks me up.

"Why did you do that?" Sam's yelling at me. I look up at him but it's too heavy to hold my head up so I let it hang back.

"It was important," I say weakly.

"You're important," Sam says screaming at me.

"It needed to be done," I say with certainty