Chapter Thirty-One: Seven Council Meeting

"We got a seven meeting," Sam says. I nod my head. Once I'm ready Sam teleports us to the council chamber.

"We have news about the first bones," Aiden says. "It was guarded the first time we attempted to go. So we didn't proceed as you ordered. We saw a total of three angels. No arch angels just lower-ranking ones. I think Xirasti, Lucifer, Asmodeus, me, and Belphegor could go and be fine. We don't need all of us but I figure it's better safe than sorry."

"I agree. How is the combat practice coming for the army? Is training going well?"

I watch Sam as he sits in his seat of power. I just sit with my arm propping up and my chin on my hand. Watching him longingly. He looks out the corner of his eye watches me and grins big. Aiden looks at me and then back at Sam.

Aiden clears his throat and then speaks. "Everything is going as well as we expected. We have some demons with some amazing abilities. So everything is looking good."

"Is there enough weapons and armor for everyone? Do we need more made?"

"Weapons and armor supplies are more than good we have extra. Seeing as how we get new demons every day our army population just increases and we begin working on the recruit right away. Others go into the torture areas."

Asmodeus pulls my chair closer to him. He leans into my ear and whispers "So what did you and Sam get up to the other night." My cheeks instantly flame red. I bat at him and raise my shirt over my face to try and hide my blushing. He leads me back to him. "Did you get tied up little minx? I always like it when I tie my conquest up. I look forward to tying you up." He smiles devilishly. I blush more and slap at him.

"I tied him up." He laughs loudly.

"Did you now?" He grins and elbows me. I lift my shirt again to hide my face. I look to Sam and he's looking at me with adoration in his eyes. He turns away to continue talking to Aiden.

"Which bone location are we going to and when should we do it?" Sam says. 

"It's Apostle Matthew's bones. The church was built upon them. There is a spell Xirasti can learn that can let her track the bones even if there underground. I got the book right here. He grabs it off the table and hands it to me. I take it. As for when surveillance shows that at eight at night, one of the angels goes around to do a wide perimeter sweep. The day when we go doesn't matter it is the same each day. Which takes around thirty minutes. So If we are there just after the one leaves we can take out the two of them and have Xirasti get the bones."

"Why can't the angels just take the bones and go to heaven with them? I ask confused.

"That would desecrate a grave. The bones bring blessings to the church and its people. Doing so would rob them of god's grace." Asmodeus says sounding the most serious I've ever heard him.

"But we are about to desecrate a grave," I say sounding uncomfortable with that.

"Yes," Aiden says letting the s elongate.

I look to Sam and he is watching me. I realize everyone in the room is. Talk about pressure. I want to sink to the floor and hide under the table. I just might. I've done everything for Sam thus far. I won't deny him what he wants. I told him I'd follow him anywhere and that's what I'll do. "Okay." That is all I say. Just simple and matter-of-fact. It eats me away on the inside that I will be interrupting a dead man's peace.

I look at Sam and he looks more at ease. "So." Asmodeus pulls me to him. "So what did you do last night?" He pokes the dimple in my cheek."Or I can just look if you'll let me." He grazes his fingers up my arm. I turn to face him my eyes alight with mischief.

Soul Tied - Book One ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें