Chapter 8: Belief in a New God

Start from the beginning

While Sarah worked as a researcher in his private lab, Laura in turn worked as a sort of mercenary of his, a punsiher who dealt out punishments to those who deserved it in his name. She was his talon, the claw that sliced his enemies to minced meat and she was quite proud of it.

That's why she was more than happy to do what she was doing right now, chopping up the wolf-like creatures that had been chasing her left and right. They had been stalking her and keeping an eye on her ever since she received the mission to investigate the link between the Facility, Weapon Plus Program, and the Friends of Humanity organizations. She had been working on it for quite a while collecting research materials and killing the important people left in their few remaining branches. But just when she felt like she was nearing the truth behind all of these organizations, these creatures turned up.

"You have a connection to those people. You all are probably on their payroll... or their meat roll." She determined with a smile as she slashed her claws at one of her nearest wolfmen, spilling their entire brain matter outside.

None of these creatures were too powerful. Although they had similar abilities to hers regarding their instincts, claws, and senses, they were still much on a much weaker scale. What really gave her a headache about them was their growing number. There were too many of them for her to fight, no matter how strong she was compared to each of them individually. So, after slicing up a couple of more wolfmen, she decided to do a strategic retreat for now. After all, she needed to inform her God about this. It was his first and foremost duty as his talon.

"The next time we meet, I'll make sure to gut you all like the sinning beasts you are." She vowed as she stared at the filthy beasts with bloodthirsty eyes, the abominations that had the gall to oppose her god.

Taking out a small round marble-sized object from a hidden section on her belt, she threw it hard toward the floor between her and the creatures which when it hit the ground released huge amounts of smoke, blinding all the wolfmen around and even disrupting their sense of smell and hearing due to its bad odor and loud ringing explosive sound. As the smoke cleared, none of the unintelligent humanoid beasts could find Laura around anymore. She had disappeared in the smoke like she was never there in the first place.

***

<(Atem POV)>

"Achoo, *sniff**sniff* Is someone talking about me or something?" I wondered aloud as I looked at the open sky above while lying on the fresh grass outside.

"It might be possible. You are quite famous at least in Genosha after all my love. Maybe everyone is already missing you. I heard they are even making a temple in your name. Although they still haven't decided if they want to call it a temple or some kind of church." An extremely beautiful black-skinned white-haired commented as she lay beside me and kept her head on my chest.

A temple? I really hope they don't do something like that. It would be so cringe. I thought I made it clear to just 'remember me only at heart' and not to embarrass me by building temples and stuff for me. I mean I could like a statue or something but a temple in my name would be too much. Thank god, the gods in Marvel aren't as Godly as in the real world or they would have cursed me to oblivion for heresy like this.

"Maybe. I still haven't met them since I came from the... 'war'." I almost let out a giggle at that last part after I remembered how easy winning the war in Nornheim was especially since I didn't even partake in it and just watched the para-sentinels and Morgana handle everything.

"I'll be visiting them after this. I only came to pick you up on the way since I thought that it was time you returned home." I smiled at the buxom African beauty in my arms.