Chapter 13

Happy Reading!!!

Tears rolled down her eyes making her cheeks as they trail down. Roop gazed at her husband who was sitting on the swing kept in the garden. The reason for her tears is the glass of alcohol in his hands.

Three bottles were thrown on the ground while two empty bottles were kept on the table. He has already drunk more than anyone should drink. The look on his face broke her heart knowing that she is the reason behind that look.

"I am sorry for this Roop beta."

Hearing Samiksha's voice Roop looked beside her and found her looking at Shaurya.

"It's because of me. I destroyed his life and now only regret is what I have. I left that little boy and now this guilt is eating me up seeing life broken."

Roop didn't say anything, but her gaze was locked at her husband's direction. She wants Samiksha to leave but she can't say it to her face.

"Please beta, don't leave him ever. He won't be able to survive this time if again someone will leave him. Please stay with him till your last breath."

"You don't need to tell me this aunty. I am not going anywhere leaving him alone."

Samiksha's tears were making Roop angry and for now she wants her to leave her alone with her husband. When Roop didn't look at her side, Samiksha left the place without saying anything.

Gazing at the night sky she wished for his happiness. The pain from which he had gone is nothing compared to her. She thought her life would end but seeing him still alive after facing everything made her realis that ending life is not the only option.

With hesitation she walked to him and stood behind the swing looking at him. After finding some courage she kept her hand on his right shoulder.

She thought he might shout at her but to her surprise he didn't even move. Walking in front she stood in front of him while he was drinking, staring at nothing particular.

"Shaurya..."

He didn't reach her voice and kept drinking. She again called his name and finally he looked at her.

His eyes were red from crying while his face was full of pain. Roop felt like going near him and giving her a warm hug, but she was scared that he might do something in anger.

"Please don't come near me...please..don't.."

Her step halted at his words. His voice wasn't dark or harsh. It was merely a whisper which fell on her ears.

"Roop, please leave me. Please..I am getting attached to you.so please don't come near me..I can't afford to lose someone again. I will get mad after you leave me. So, it's better not to come near me."

She can hear the vulnerability in his voice which broke her heart. She felt tightness around her chest seeing him like this. She couldn't control herself and went near him, hugging him closer to her.

"I am sorry...I am really sorry...please don't push me away from you."

"I am pushing you even after I want you close to me. I am pushing you because I don't want to get hurt again by anyone. I want you in my life but still I am pushing you away.:

Roop cried while keeping her head on his shoulders. Shaurya closed his eyes when he felt her long fingers carrying his hair. Feeling her warmth made a fresh trail roll down his eyes.

"Please Roop don't give me this comfort because if I lost you, I will die...I Will die..."

Roop cried harder hearing his words. She broke the hug and made him look at him. She wiped away his fresh tears as they rolled down.