Chapter 5

Happy Reading!!!

Kavya unlocked her apartment with the keys. Silence was all around her which she always liked. As the door got opened, she entered inside and locked the door behind her and stood there with darkness.

She bought this apartment two years back when her limitations were pushed by her family.

Finally, she decided to leave their house and be independent. Everyone thought that she lived in the college hostel but when she tried to get a room in her hostel but just like always, she was unlucky there also.

She didn't turn on the light and walked towards her bedroom which was the only room in her small apartment. She dumped herself on the bed and stared at the ceiling above her.

Her eyes got closed and all the things in the past flash in her. Her mother's taunt and her parent's awful words ringed in her ears and like always it was her painful.

And now she is used to this pain. They don't make her feel anything. 

Nothing. 

They just numb her sense and nothing. And she knows that in a few minutes sleep is going to overpower her because of her thinking.

****

Vihaan was sitting with his guitar and heart filled with guilt for treating his wife in the worst way. She left everything and came to his house with a lot of expectations, but he just threw her out like that without giving a single thought.

His fingers played the guitar skillfully. The music filled the room as his hands worked on the guitar strings. The tune was describing his pain which he is feeling right now.

Tears slip from his eyes as her face flash in front of him. The most innocent eyes he has ever crossed. The eyes which made him forget to take breath. The eyes which made his heart believe in...

True Love. Destiny.

"Preeti."

The name rolled from his tongue. It was merely a whisper and the name echoed in the whole room. This name is enough to knock the breath from him. He has already destroyed Preeti's life and now he fears that he might hurt Kavya.

His fingers had stopped as the beautiful memories spent with his love consumed his mind. There was nothing which could stop the tears slipping from his eyes.

How much he regrets his existence on this planet. How much he wants to leave everything behind and go far away from this grief which has gripped his heart tightly.

His eyes didn't get any sleep the whole night. He kept mummering only one name.

Preeti.

****

Roop entered the room after completing the remaining work in the kitchen. Her eyes roamed in the whole room, but she wouldn't find her husband in their room.

"Where did he go?"

She spoke to herself only while standing at the door. A scream left her mouth when she heard his deep and hard voice from behind.

"Why the hell are you standing here?"

Slowly she turned around and looked at him with dreadful eyes. Seeing her eyes filled with fear his heart fell with guilt. He looked down in shame while Roop moved aside to let him enter inside.

When he didn't say anything, she thought to go. Even taking a breath in the same air as his gives her a horrible feeling. She doesn't want to do anything which will make their relationship worse.