Chapter 10

Happy Reading!!!

Kavya was studying with her books scattered on the bed. She is going to have her exams next month and she has to do her best. Her eyes were red, but she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep because of her insomnia.

She was startled hearing the door opening. Vihaan came inside with tensed lines on his forehead. Seeing him she knew that something happened before they came here.

Vihaan entered and without looking at her sat on the couch with closed eyes. His head was aching which caused his eyes to shut tightly.

Kavya tried to take her concentration back to study again but looking at him she wasn't able to. Her eyes fell on the coffee she made for herself just a few minutes ago.

Holding the cup she went to him, clearing her throat. Hearing her voice Vihaan's eyes opened to look at her. His eyes were so lost that Kavya felt bad for him.

"Here. It will make you feel better. "

Without complaining he took the coffee from her hands. Kavya turns to go away but Vihaan holds her hands and jerks her towards him, making her sit beside him on the couch.

Kavya's eyes fell on his hand which wrapped around her slim wrist. The warmth of his hands was feeling good around her skin. Looking up she saw him looking at her with those same lost eyes.

"Bhai, don't deserve this, Kavya...."

Her brows creased in confusion, but she didn't say and let him speak his heart out while holding her hands. It was the first time that Vihaan was saying something so personal to someone.

"Shaurya bhaiya life was never easy for him. When his cries and screaming were ignored by his mother, he became a child with no emotions and hopes. We lost our Bhaiya that day when his mom left him and Ishaan bhai. Even after becoming lifeless, he took care of Ishaan bhai like a mother does. He was always beside him when he needed him. Ishaan bhai was just like his son to him. That's why no one told the real truth about their mom to Ishaan bhai because Shaurya bhaiya never wanted him to know about that woman. When finally, my bhaiya was forgotten, she came again in his life to freshen his old wound. I can't see my bhai broken again, kavya. I can't..."

"Do you think that your Shaurya bhaiya is alone this time? If you think that, you are wrong. Roop Bhabhi is with him and will always be there for him. But for that bhaiya needs to open his heart to her, just like you did today."

She whispered the last part slowly, but it was audible to him. His eyes bored into her while her heart lost it beat feeling his eyes on her. Seeing him staring at her she tried to get up.

"I..th..think...I should go..."

Vihaan left her hand and Kavya went back to her study, but she wasn't able to study in his presence. 

****

Roop entered the room after changing into her light white color saree. Her eyes fell on the bed which was empty. Looking around she found the balcony door was opened. Thinking that Shaurya was there she walked to the dressing table to do her night care.

While applying the hand cream her eyes fell on her wrist where that bracelet was dangling. She closed her eyes as she felt relief after seeing him for so long. Agastya's face flashes in front of her eyes, making her open.

Her finger played with the bracelet without unaware that someone was watching her. Shaurya came back after hearing the clicking sound of the bathroom door. His eyes watch her as she traces the bracelet.

Again, his insecurities arose in him. He marched towards her with long steps and stood behind her.

"Take off this."