Chapter 41: The Second Sin

"She waited,

and will wait no matter what.

For at the perfect time, and the perfect place,

he will come back."

Ipinatawag namin sa isang assembly ang leaders ng mga grupo sa Church. Kasama na rin sa sa meeting sina Raphael, Veronica, at Gabriel.

Takang tingin ang ginawa ng mga nauna sa amin nang makitang sabay kami ni Victoria na pumasok.

"Please don't tell me you two idiots, fought again," may babala ang sinabi ni Veronica.

Umiling si Victoria. Parang maiiyak na naman.

"I had an inkling that the man in black armor is the Dark Knight," pagbabago ko ng usapan.

Inilapag ko sa mesa ang litratong hawak ko kanina pa. "A human said that that was owned by the man that helped them go to safety.

"Couldn't be my Dad. The last time I saw him was years ago. And as much as I hate to believe an impossible thing...."

"..it is Michael, Nick." It was Raphael.

That's it.

That's the confirmation I need. I only need one more assurance that it is really him.

Muling naipon ang luha sa mga mata ko.

"How?"

"This War happened thousands of years ago. Michael was there to experience the first one, and assured he would survive to see the second one. Because if not, we will go blindly against Lucifer. We cannot win," kwento niya.

"It could be possible that he had thought of the probability of meeting Lucifer so he could cling to his soul to reach the depths of Hell."

"He was in hell?" Mataas ang tono ko, "W-why would he want to be in hell?"

"Lucifer's sword when he was still an angel is in Hell. Someone, the Dark Knight, needs to recover it so we could use it to destroy Lucifer."

"Couldn't it be another sword?" tanong ko.

"Lucifer Morningstar was a very special angel. He can only be destroyed by his own weapon, the one the Father has given him. The same one he used to slay his brothers."

Tumahimik ang lahat matapos ang sinabi ni Victoria.

Si Raphael ang bumasag ng katahimikan. "Kung talagang nandito na siya, kailangan kong ihanda ang Guardians."

The way he says it, Michael being here is a bad thing. And part of that bad thing is getting the Guardians ready.

"As long as our history is concerned, the Dark Knight is called a Dark Knight for a reason," sagot ni Raphael. "Sumama si Michael kay Lucifer sa impyerno. When he finally retrieves the sword, he must pass every level of Hell to reach the safe human lands."

Napapikit ako. I could still remember Michael that time he almost turned himself into a demon. He died for everyone's sake. To give time for us. And he went to Hell after that? Hindi pa ba sapat ang naging sakripisyo niya?

"Are you saying he's not an angel anymore?"

"If he survived and helped those people, he still is. But if he's still Michael or not is the question," he said. "Michael must've lost his humane side with all the trauma he encountered in Hell. Maybe, what's left of him now is the purpose of using the sword. He would have forgotten who he was. That he's a Protector.