Chapter 31: Lost

Chapter 31: Lost

"Walking somewhere

didn't take me far.

So I got myself ride

Call it a getaway car."

So where do lost souls go?

I forgot to ask Death about that one. Maybe when I meet him, I will. But for now, my answer is the middle of the desert under the scorching sun—no gas, no food, not even a way to call for help.

I am trapped in a wide space. Ang nagagawa ko na lang ay intayin ang paglubog ng araw at paglamig ng temperatura.

Ilang oras ang hinintay ko. Sa wakas nga, bumaba na muli ang araw, pumalit naman ang buwan.

The jeep that Gabriel gave me traveled almost half the path between the Church and White City before finally dying. They gave me extra three gallons of gasoline that poured itself to the path I passed.

I didn't regret losing the gas. Siguro kaunti. Dahil mainit talaga.

I created a makeshift bed on the back of the Jeep using the comforter and pillows I also have. I received sermons from them. Kulang na lang punuin ng sandamukal na memo pad ang salamin ng sasakyan para lang makasigurado na gagawin ko ang mga iyon.

They were kind enough to provide me with some food. Which I accidentally threw in the desert, too.

I'm killing myself. And I don't know why.

Humiga ako at pinagmasdan ang kalangitan. The Blue Moon is still on its throne in the starry sky.

Pumikit ako at pilit na pinayapa ang sarili ko. Gusto kong ipahinga ang utak kong walang pagod sa pag-iisip. It took me another hour before I was unable to open my heavy eyelids.

When I drifted off, I saw the grassy field again.

Something's different now. I can't just put my finger on it.

Six people are in front of me.

I'm not even sure if they are real people. They're three to five feet away from me but I can feel their energy. Flowing in the air, vibrating to the ground, even causing the sky to be intensely dark. They are everywhere. And they sink into my skin.

Nangangatong ang kalamnan ko. Malakawak ang lugar pero para akong nakasiksik sa isang masikip na lugar at pinipipi ang katawan ko.

The guy in the middle is wearing a rusted metal armor. Saglit na segundo ay naging kahawig niya si Michael.

If only I could attack him.

He smiled at me. "You have finally caught up with your feelings."

"Are you gonna kill me?" Better get straight to the point.

"What are you doing here, Seeker?" The girl is wearing nothing but red cloth covering her—you could say, important parts.

"This is my dream," balik ko. Why am I explaining to the people that they are actually a figment of my imagination? "Who are you?"

She rolled her eyes. "You already know us."

Nakipagtitigan pa ako sa kanila. Na parang lilitaw sa ibabaw ng ulo nila ang sagot sa tanong ko. Until it hit me.

Oh, please let me be wrong.