Chapter 22: Complications

"To admit is to feel. To feel is to be real."

Mom said, she and other Rebels will stay in the Church for as necessary as possible. Mas madali ang paghahanda sa mga pwedeng mangyari kung nandito sila.

We need to have every available hand on the table because what awaits us is the worst this world has to face. I've seen them fight once and I get to understand what makes them unique fighters.

I thought it was a good thing, too. Because I get to see her around and know that she's perfectly safe. Turns out, she'll be taken away by numerous meetings to plan and iterate necessary actions for what's coming.

It was actually sad. Umasa kasi akong makakabawi sa mga oras na hindi ko tinanggap dati mula sa kanya. But at least, she's here. She's with me.

Pumasok ako sa pinakaunang kwartong nakita ko nang mahagip ang pigura ni Michael mula sa malayo. I'm not exactly sure it was really him though because my stupid ass already hid. Not that I would check if it was really him. It's safer to hide.

"Who are you hiding from?"

I impossibly jumped out of the room as I heard the voice. Mabilis ang paghinga ko nang hinarap ang may-ari no'n.

In front of me is a girl, must be my age, with brown hair and fair complexion. Singkit ang mga mata niyang parang nakangiti pa sa akin. She's born to wear blood red lips, as it looks really good on her—same way only pretty girls like Veronica and her could. Nakasuot siya ng combat boots, cargo pants at fitted spaghetti-strapped top. On her upper chest is the logo of the Guardians.

"Who are you?" tanong ko pabalik.

She gave me the brightest smile she could do. "I don't give my name to strangers."

A knot formed on my forehead, "Okay..." Maganda pero weird. "...I should go." Tinuro ko ang pinto.

Tinalikuran ko na siya. I halted when I bumped into something hard. I looked up to see who it was and hurriedly walked away. It's Michael. And I'm not ready to see him yet.

Ilang araw ko na siyang iniiwasan. Ang hindi ko lang alam ay kung nahahalata niya. I plan my routes, and schedule my eating time, just to make sure there is no chance for me to see him. What was not included in my plan is what to do if I accidentally bump him. Mabuti na lang at nasolusyunan ko agad.

God, I am embarrassing.

"Kanina pa kita hinahanap," mataas na tono ni Michael.

So he's actually looking for me? He really felt I was avoiding him? But, no. I don't want to talk to him so—

"Aww, Michael darling? Miss me already?" I think it's just me but the girl's voice really is seductive.

Mas binilisan ko ang paglalakad.

-&-

"Are you sure, Nick?"

"Yes."

"Kakagaling mo lang sa—"

"I know. But I'm fine now," putol ko kay Raphael.

"Is this about Michael?"

"Yes—No." I groaned in a frustration as I glared at Raphael. His smile is so wide, showing me a set of perfect white teeth. "I hate you." I'm really out of energy. Yun na lang ang pinaka masamang salitang naisip ko.

Malakas na tawa lang ang iginanti niya. "Okay, Seeker. Show me the result of your training," hamon niya. He swayed his sword like a soft cloth and positioned himself in a fighting stance.