Chapter 28: Fated

Chapter 28: Fated

"For the sake of life, for the sake of love,

For the sake of destiny, for the sake of a promise,

You must say goodbye,

your heart must die."

"Raphael?" I smiled at the Guardian that offered a hand to me.

But my smile faded. He's not Raphael.

Pinatunog niya ang mga buto sa leeg niya. Another blink and he's not really Raphael any more.

"This one is strong but still not that good as a vessel." Lucifer's voice came out of Raphael's mouth. Unlike the others, Raphael has nothing but scrapes. Sinisipat pa ni Lucifer ang mga brasong may kakaunting sugat.

"You're a monster."

Ngumiti siya. "I'm an angel, Seeker. A fallen one, but still an angel." Itinaas niya sa ang hawak na espada, nakatutok ang talim no'n sa akin.

Pero sinaksak niya iyon sa sarili niya.

"Run." Raphael's voice came out hoarse. Blood gushed out of his wound sucking the last few ounces of my strength. He managed to beam a smile. "I will not die, I promise. Now, go."

I rushed to stand up. Malayo na ako kay Raphael nang isa pang Protector ang nakahabol sa akin. I kicked him and crawled back. Nakabawi siya at muli akong tinalon. I blocked his sword with my own blade. Another weapon also shielded me from the sword.

"Mom..." She's wearing their cloak.

The Rebels are here. We have a chance to win this. Sabay naming itinulak palayo ang espada ng kalabang kaharap namin.

I whimpered as I hugged her. Para akong batang nagkaroon uli ng tapang dahil nakita ko si Mom.

I was expecting a good night. A breather. An excuse to get my mind off the problems we have. But, no. The problems literally crashed the Ball.

Bumitaw siya at hinawakan ang mukha ko. "I'm always behind you."

"Okay..."

Marami ang Shadows na nakapasok sa Church. Isang Protector laban sa dalawa o higit pang Shadow. Pero nadagdagan na ngayon ang panig namin. Litaw ang logo ng Rebels at ang suot nilang mga coat. Mabilis sila, mas sigurado ang pakikipaglaban sa Shadows.

The pureblooded angels could be of great help. But all the Cherubs and Seraphim can only block or push the enemies away. I could see they want to fight, but something about their bodies suppresses them.

Nakabibingi ang atungal na um-echo sa hall. The latest host of Lucifer is now tied with chains. Soaked with something—holy water.

Lucifer escaped from the host's mouth and disappeared into thin air once more. Nagsitumbahan ang mga Shadow kasabay ng pagkawala niya.

"Do you trust me, Nick?"

"Michael."

I scanned the grounds to look for the owner of the voice but I couldn't find him. The people around me celebrated but the knot in my gut has worsened.

"Nasa'n ka?"

Hindi siya sumagot. I tried to penetrate his mind, but it's a dead end.

"Michael!" I caught the attention of everyone as I stumbled around, looking at every possible place to find him.