Epilogue

Epilogue

"For at the end, they deserve it—the happy ending."

After killing Lucifer, we went back to Church with heavy hearts and tired bodies. We lost a lot of our brothers and sisters just to end this War.

I requested every Protector left for a meeting. I explained to them everything that has happened. All the why's that have formed in their heads, I make sure are answered. I told them about Pandora and her reason for betraying us and the Code. No one believed me at first but Malaya, which I found out is also the one who told Pandora of her prophecy, and my father, backed me up. I was so happy that I could clear her name.

At para kay Gabriel, ikinuwento ang dahilan ng pagkidnap niya sa 'kin. Some think it's selfish, most understood that what he did was his selflessness as a loving brother.

We buried Uriel's body as promised. We just automatically decided too that he deserves to rest in the garden. And a day after that, a blue rose grew on top of his grave. I know it is His sign that Uriel's forgiven. That he is a Protector no matter what.

Hindi na namin namalayan, isang linggo na pala ang lumipas mula ng nangyari ang mga iyon. The Church doesn't mourn anymore. Pero naging tahimik. Though no one pointed anything, we all know something is missing.

"Do you know what it means then?"

I peeked through the pages of my book. Dad's with me in the library. Reading. He was supposed to teach me the history of Protectors but he's more interested in the book he found in the Archives section.

"Meaning ng alin?"

"Prophecy from Malaya."

Ngumiti ako. I shut the book and finally looked at Dad. "Yes"

Ibinaba niya ang libro hawak at pumangalumbaba sa mesa. "Sampung mandirigma, gabay ang pinunong Nakakakita."

"Si Veronica ang Pinunong Nakakakita. She is Queen and a Seeker," I explained. "Sampung Mandirigma does not actually mean ten people but ten factions as a group. The Cherubs, Seraphim, High Knights, Black Troop, Seekers, Keepers, Guardians, Rebels, Legendary Seeker, and the Dark Knight."

"Lilipulin ang kasamaan, ibabalik ang katahimikan—that was self-explanatory," bulong niya sa sarili. "Ah! Kasama ang mandirigmang itim ang baluti."

"You. Literally. You wear black armor."

Natawa siya. "Lahat ay lalaban, para sa ikabubuti."

"Self-explanatory," gaya ko sa sinabi niya.

He seems satisfied with my explanation. Bumalik na siya sa binabasa.

"Dad..."

"Yes?"

"Bati na kayo ni Mom?"

Natawa siya. Namumula na ang mukha niya nang tumigil sa pagtawa. "Hindi pa. Sa sofa sa third floor pa din ako natutulog."

Nailing ako. "Hindi mo ba pinaliwanag sa kanya kung bakit ka umalis?"

"I did. I always do. The last time I explained it again, she jailed me in an angel's trap for seven hours."

Tutop ko ang bibig ko. "Oh my God. That was badass."

Nagbuga siya ng hangin, "Give your Mom some time. And let me court her longer. Mapapatawad din niya ako." Malamlam ang mata niya pero masigla. He's so much in love with Mom.

Sinilip ko ang malaking relo sa isang dingding ng library. "It's almost twelve pm."

Sumilip na din si Dad sa relo. "Oh yes, let's eat."