☆Chapter Fifty Seven☆

There was about a week left before the Manifesto comeback promotions. Seeing Haerin laying around the dorms doing absolutely nothing, Jay thought it would be a good idea to send Haerin back to her worst enemy, school to pass the remaining time, but no matter how much begging she did.

"So you only want to show up now." Soomin huffed, arms folded side eyeing Haerin.

"Stop being dramatic." Haerin dismissed all of Soomins complaints. "I wasn't even gone for that long."

"Excuse me -" Soomin gasped dramatically. "The last time you came to school was probably in 2021, even 2020. So what do you mean you haven't been gone for that long."

"Oh." Haerin said. "Well, I've been doing online school, so I can keep up with the rest of you lot." She added.

"Girl- all you do is sleep during them online lessons." Soomin told her. "Besides, at least you're actually here now." She smiled. "Come on, let's go to class. We dont want to be late." Soomin took Haerin by the hand, but the minute Soomin turned around, three short girls stood in front of her, each of them holding a book.

The two girls walked around Soomin and went around to Haerin. "Excuse me, unnie, are you Haerin from Enhypen?" A girl with two long braids asked.

"Yes, I am." Haerin nodded. "Would you like an autograph?" She questioned once she noticed the books in their hands.

"Yes, please." They all said at the same time, nodding vigoursly.

"Okay, who's first?"

"Me!" The girl with black framed glasses shot up her hand. The young girl passed the book, which was open to the first page to Haerin. Haerin took her time, making sure it was perfect and wouldn't mess up.

"And done!" She said, writing the last girls signature.

"Thank you!" They all squeeled in sync.

"No problem." Haerin  gave them a grin. "Now get to class, okay?" She told them.

"We will!" They said at the same time for the nth time. "Bye!" They all waved as they ran off.

"Bye!" Haerin waved back at them till they turned the corner.

"Well, that took long, didn't it." Soomin sighed as she looked at her non-existent watch on her wrist.

"But they were cute, so I don't mind." Haerin told Soomin. "Now come on, let's go." She grabbed Soomin by the hand, and she started to skip down the hallway while Soomin walked quickly to catch up.

Haerin opened the classroom door, and standing right in front of her was her worst enemy. "Long time no see huh Yoojin." Haerin smiled at the girl.

Yoojin narrowed her eyes and pointed at Haerin. "What the hell are you doing back here?" She hissed. "Aren't you supposed to be acting like you're better than us?"

"Now why would I do that?" Haerin questioned.

"Because you think you're better than us being an idol and such." Yoojin spoke.

"I thought you were going to be over this by the time I came back." Haerin sighed. "But clearly you're not."

"I'm going to make sure I ruin your career?" Yoojin threatened.

"What's your obsession with me?" Haerin tilted her head.

"Okay, you two, that's enough." The teacher came up behind Haerin. "To you're seats now."

"Yes, Ms." The two replied back at the same time. Haerin shoved her hands into her blazer pocket and dragged herself to her chair one seat away from the back. She took everything she needed out for the lesson. Surprisingly, all the things were inside her desk, exactly how she left it. Except for one or two pens missing, Soomin must've taken them when she forgot her pencil case at home, which was almost every day so she was suprised everyting wasn't gone.

The class was silent. The teacher was able to get on with the lesson, no distractions. But for Haerin, it wasn't the same. First, it was the crumpled up balls of paper being thrown at her head, then it was the pens. Miraculously, all the torture stopped. It was only for a brief moment.

"Excuse me, Ms." Yoojin raised her hand into the air.

"Yes?" The teacher turned around from the blackboard hand on hip and staring straight at Yoojin, clearly pissed off at the interruption.

"Can I throw something in the bin?" She questioned.

"Go on." The teacher sighed. "You don't really have to ask." Then she turned back to writing the math equation on the board. Yoojin hoped out of her seat. She took the long way out the bin, which happened to pass by Haerin's desk.

Haerin was in her own world, sick of listening and writing down useless math equations. She started to scrible little poorly drawn anime characters in the corner of her page.

"Oops." She heard someone giggle.

Haerin gasped as she slid her chair backwards, the back of her chair hitting the desk behind her.  A blue coloured fizzy drink gushed down her desk at a fast pace, coating her book, pencil, and everything else on the table. Some splashed onto her uniform, leaving her white shirt with splashes of faint blue.

Haerin could barely even process what was happening, but when she did, she immediately got up. The teacher turned around, and she shook her head at the sight of the two. "Yoojin, clean that mess up before it stains anything. Haerin, go get yourself cleaned off." She instructed them.

Haerin glared at Yoojin as she walked past her. Haerin exited the classroom and walked down the hallway silently. "Yo Rin, wait up!" Soomin called out as she ran, trying to catch up to her.

"What?" Haerin turned around arms folded with an unamused face.

"Do you want my spare uniform?" Soomin asked, finally reaching Haerin.

"Yes, please." Haerin sighed, unfolding her arms and slouching her shoulders.

"Go to the locker rooms. I'll meet you there." Soomin told her.

"Okay." Haerin nodded.

.⭒☆━━━✰━━━☆⭒.

"Thank you, Soo." Haerin said, looking at herself in the mirror, fixing her red coloured tie. Her shirt was untucked from her black skirt, and she wore socks, which came a little over the ankle. Plus, Soomin insisted that Haerin should take her hoodie as even though it was summer, it was still breezy.

"Hey, it's okay to cry, you know." Soomin said, hugging her best friends, wrapping her arms tightly around Haerin's waist.

"Who said I was gonna cry?" Haerin furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would I cry about a spilt drink?" She laughed.

"You don't show no emotion towards these things. You just let everything slip past you so easily." Soomin said, breaking the hug.

"Soomin, dont worry about me." Haerin smiled softly. "Her behaviour isn't worth my time."